PDA

View Full Version : Chris Cornell

pes_laul
April 10th, 2009, 12:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHIb75B0NvE

This from his new album "Scream" He definitely tooken a new sound on with his music. The album was produced by Timbaland which is your typical hip hop stuff.

Even know it's kinda mainstreamish I kinda like it.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2zZf59RuNY found a live version where he can play it a little less produced like.

Spudman
April 10th, 2009, 01:31 PM
I gagged when I heard it.
Have you listened to Soundgarden and Audioslave? After that his new album is completely disposable to me.

pes_laul
April 10th, 2009, 01:34 PM
I gagged when I heard it.
Have you listened to Soundgarden and Audioslave? After that his new album is completely disposable to me.
I have all of soundgardens albums, hated audio slave, and liked one or two solo things.

He sure can't sing like he used too though.

R_of_G
April 10th, 2009, 01:43 PM
I never cared for Soundgarden. I loved Audioslave, except for Cornell (then again I loved Rage Against the Machine and Audioslave was Rage minus Zach de la Rocha) so that made sense. I just don't care much for Cornell's voice.

Suhnton
April 10th, 2009, 05:52 PM
I used to be a fan of Soundgarden and Temple Of The Dog, but I very rarely go back and listen to those albums anymore. Audioslave was just OK, the total being less than the sum of its parts. I didn't really like Rick Rubin's production on the first album. With this new stuff, older fans will probably do as Spudman did and gag. Personally, I'm not keen on it, but but at least he's trying new (albeit commercial) things, and I think he's a much better singer now than those Soundgarden days. Plus, he still looks pretty good for an old f*rt.

sunvalleylaw
April 10th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I liked Cornell's voice back in the day, and thought it was one of the stronger ones out at the time. I sometimes preferred him to Vedder at the time. Other times not, depended on the song. But I definitely liked his voice. This new stuff is not my style but I still like his voice, though I want him to belt it a bit more. I guess the new style of singing goes with the not so memorable song.