PDA

View Full Version : Prince playing "Dreamer" on Leno

Robert
April 10th, 2009, 09:46 PM
Have you seen this one? Cool tune, and some pretty hot playing by our favorite short guy! :D Actually some smoking lead playing happening in this clip. Watch and learn. He may be short, but he sure gots balls... :)

I don't expect this clip to be available for very long.

mLvSbaiwECI

Radioboy950
April 10th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Yes, Robert! Great stuff.
I did watch Leno those three nights Prince was on. Dreamer is a great tune!
The new album is really cool. Lotusflow3r is quite different, going from spacey, to fusion to smoking leads. The second disc is more old school funky Prince, which honestly, I don't care for as much.

Oh, I forgot to mention the tempo in this live clip is quite a bit faster than the studio version, giving it a slightly different feel.

SuperSwede
April 11th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Awesome!! I bet the audio in this clip will be removed soon, as all other prince clips on youtube.. enjoy while it lasts!

sunvalleylaw
April 11th, 2009, 08:23 AM
That was amazing to watch. He is just plain talented. It is hard for me to warm up to him, because of the way he conducts his public life. But I sure appreciated what he does.

Robert
April 11th, 2009, 08:28 AM
Steve, one can separate the music from the musician's personal life. There are other amazing musicians I enjoy listening to as well, even though they may be a$$holes in person. Prince is just in a different world, probably a planet far, far way, where even tOt hasn't gone. I like what he does musically.

sunvalleylaw
April 11th, 2009, 08:37 AM
Oh, I agree Robert. I enjoy the music and respect his talent and love what he does musically. It is not that I dislike Prince, and I can separate how he handles or relates to the public from his talent. I was a McEnroe fan in the tennis world too. Coltrane is another example. If I had to list one jazz artist, there is my one. I don't like to dwell on his personal life though.

Blaze
April 11th, 2009, 03:09 PM
Nice tune , nice playin , some Jimi like tone & licks ,cool!

sumitomo
April 11th, 2009, 03:30 PM
That was a good guitar playin show he did,I didnt like all that artsie fartsie purple rain stuff he did.He's a great player,you can he the tastes in his playin yet it is his own sound.Good stuff.Sumi:D