PDA

View Full Version : Danelectro Fab - Distortion and Overdrive

tehuti
November 4th, 2005, 04:03 PM
I just picked up both of these for $20.00 each. Although you can find them for a bit less I wanted to support my local mom and pop music store so I paid list. Does anyone else out there like the Dano pedals? Since I don't really use effects much I'm not willing to drop close to $100 per pedal. I'll have to spend some time with them to see if they'll be of much use, but the first impression is that I'll probably use the overdrive quite a bit.

Robert
November 4th, 2005, 04:09 PM
I tried the distortion pedal, and I really liked it!
:R

Justaguyin_nc
November 7th, 2005, 10:20 AM
The reviews on their Fish and Chip EQ pedal seems rated better then the Boss... been thinking of one..

Robert
November 7th, 2005, 11:52 AM
I forgot about this thread - I posted another thread about the FAB distortion that I gigged with this weekend.

I have never used an EQ pedal really, why do you want one? I'm thinking it shouldn't be necessary with a good amp? Or am I missing out on something?

Justaguyin_nc
November 8th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Welp, if you get one of the smaller amps that have no treb,bass,mid settings I assume it could come in handy.. always hear about people dialing in their tone.. I assume this would help if you dont have the right setup yet.. and...it got a cute name...that alone would be enough for me.. why ya think I got the bad monkey? lol

Justaguyin_nc
January 14th, 2006, 12:01 PM
I got the Fish N Chips for xmas... It's pretty cool pedal... can make the guitars sound like acoustic to bass... also seems nice to set it to certain tone and turning it on is like switching lead and rythm channels.. I also got the metal FAB for some reason... when its a gift ya smile and except it.. I can not for the life of me get it out of a muddy sound... and when connected with other pedals it seems to drag them down even when off.. the Fish n Chips seems to have no effect though in the chain.. any certain setting for FAB?

Robert
January 14th, 2006, 12:34 PM
Hmm, fish 'n chips for Christmas? Weird tradition there - I had turkey and ham. :)

Haha, couldn't resist!

Sound like a fun pedal!

Justaguyin_nc
January 14th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Hmmmm... did sound a little wierd at that... Im gonna go get their Loc's and Bagel's later this month... same type pedal... just the end has been cut off to fit in the case...