PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, been a bit AWOL of late..

333maxwell
April 12th, 2009, 09:08 PM
Been in the middle of some icky medical stuff and have at least 4 major sessions of unexpected surgery coming over the period of the next few months.

Needless to say a lot has been on da plate..

I have managed to work a collab with a talented young lady and convince her to do a song in a style she normally wouldn't do.

I hope the guitar solo in the middle doesn't make anyone sea sick.. It was fun to put together.

I hope to be back in regularly soon.. but will probably be hanging real low for some time, i'll know more tomorrow when the final lab work comes back.. fun fun..

Hope you enjoy the song.

Get Back to Being Back Home

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=913815&content=songinfo&songID=7513561

Peace and happy Easter to all..

Suhnton
April 12th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Good luck with the surgery 333Maxwell. I hope things will be much better for you after it.

M29
April 13th, 2009, 04:30 AM
Nice recording and lead. Jennifer sounds great and seems comfortable in this style.:AOK: Prayers and mojo going your way 333maxwell.

M29

tot_Ou_tard
April 13th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Your next song is

Mojo For Maxwell.

I'll listen to this one when I have more time.

tjcurtin1
April 13th, 2009, 04:22 PM
Best wishes for good results, Maxwell! Good to hear from you.

333maxwell
April 14th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks everyone.. I promise to make more time here once I am able..

Appceiate the sentiments, it means a lot.

piebaldpython
April 14th, 2009, 08:24 PM
Good luck with the surgery.
Nice singing on the tune. Some interesting slide work too. What kind of slide did you use? What kind of F/X? What type of amp setting or modeling did you use? Just for grins, I bet it would sound really cool if you played it straight....sans the F/X.

333maxwell
April 14th, 2009, 10:41 PM
Good luck with the surgery.
Nice singing on the tune. Some interesting slide work too. What kind of slide did you use? What kind of F/X? What type of amp setting or modeling did you use? Just for grins, I bet it would sound really cool if you played it straight....sans the F/X.

Thanks for the sentiments and the questions..

The slide guitar was done on a square neck lap dobro (resonater geetar) using a standard round bullet steel (the kind you don't wear on your finger, looks like a lipstick tube) and was recoded absolutly dry (no FX) onto a Shure 57 plugged into a dry power mixer ran into the laptop. Outside of the modeled lead guitars there is absolutly NO FX on the cut at all.. not even a pinch of reverb on anything including the vocals. The ONLY FX used at all anywhere was compression on the vocals.. other than that there isn't an ounce of FX anywhere on the track (minus the lead guitar which is ran through a modeler).

Thanks again!

oldguy
April 15th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Thanks for the song, Max, and wishing you major mojo and prayers for you on the surgeries. Hope it goes well and you're back to 100% very soon.:)