PDA

View Full Version : For me and both of the other Lynch fans on here

marnold
April 13th, 2009, 09:26 PM
IMV's Behind the Player George Lynch DVD (http://www.behindtheplayer.com/george_lynch.htm). It would seem that this would be more interesting to me than the recent Hal Leonard DVDs. Would I like to play "Mr. Scary" and "Tooth and Nail"? Yes I would! Actually, I started a bit of work on "Mr. Scary" before I left for vacation. Here's a clip!

L1j7eagP2Es

R.B. Huckleberry
April 14th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Awesome! I love Lynch's playing. I was fortunate enough to see Dokken a couple of times "back in the day".

Katastrophe
April 19th, 2009, 04:34 PM
Sweet! Mr. Scary is one of my all time faves.

I used to practice to George's first ever video tape way back when. By "practice," I mean try for a minute, then put the guitar down and watch in awe.

tot_Ou_tard
April 19th, 2009, 09:30 PM
That's the first time I've ever heard George Lynch. I hadn't even heard of Dokken until Marnold or someone here brought it up.

mrmudcat
April 19th, 2009, 09:33 PM
:poke: :thwap: ;) ^^^^^^^^^^;)

tot_Ou_tard
April 19th, 2009, 09:48 PM
:poke: :thwap: ;) ^^^^^^^^^^;)
Not every earth signal makes it to the tot_O_sphere.

mrmudcat
April 19th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I hear ya brother!! I seen alot of 80's hair metal bands :rockon:

G.L. is /was awesome:beer:

Think GOD im older wiser and have mellowed out:thwap:

Its not like I still skateboard or break arms 4 wheeling or turn it to just 10!!!!! I mean all knobs have 11 on them right:AOK:

Jimi75
April 20th, 2009, 01:38 AM
I think this is a great DVD. To me it looks like it gives you a lot of information not only on the player but also on his style. Lynch's style is so unique with all the wide stretches and so on that a help in form of a DVD can be great support to "unveal the secret".

By the way, George Lynch was the reason why I got interested in ESP guitars and bought my first one when I was very young player.

marnold
April 20th, 2009, 09:50 AM
I think this is a great DVD. To me it looks like it gives you a lot of information not only on the player but also on his style. Lynch's style is so unique with all the wide stretches and so on that a help in form of a DVD can be great support to "unveal the secret".

By the way, George Lynch was the reason why I got interested in ESP guitars and bought my first one when I was very young player.
Glad to hear that I'm not alone on here anyway :) For me, Lynch always really stood out amongst the "hair metal" guitarists of the day. I remember the first time that I heard the opening to the otherwise lamentable Dokken tune "Burnin' Like a Flame." The lick at the beginning has these screaming pinch harmonics. I immediately grabbed my guitarist friend and replayed the track and asked "How the heck did he do that?" I had more than a few of those moments listening to his playing.

marnold
May 1st, 2009, 12:28 PM
Just an update: they finally revealed that the DVD will be released on June 1.