PDA

View Full Version : GASless GC Visit

marnold
April 14th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Just got back from (among other places) Guitar Center. Quite frankly, I was bored. I played a Jackson DK2M, but some idiot had set it up for drop-D and there wasn't enough travel in the fine tuner to fix it. They had some of the new VT-series of Valvetronix amphs that looked interesting. I looked at some PRS SEs but the glossy painted neck was a non-starter for me. They had some of the Artisan series Blackstar amphs, but none of the HT-series that I really wanted to try. I looked at a P-Rails. Basically, there was nothing I wanted. I had to kill time until my wife came back to pick me up. I dunno, is it possible to be GAS-free? Perhaps I should just be thankful.

just strum
April 14th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Play two riffs and call me in the morning.

Rocket
April 14th, 2009, 05:15 PM
I dunno, is it possible to be GAS-free?
Sounds like you may have contracted EV... no GAS required. Check to see if you have batteries in your trunk!

Spudman
April 14th, 2009, 06:13 PM
If you strike out in the guitar/amph section you can always head over to the recording section for some cool toys. Just sayin.:poke:

Jimi75
April 15th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I looked at some PRS SEs but the glossy painted neck was a non-starter for me.

Glossy painted necks...oh man how much I hate them, just feels so unnatural.

Being free of G.A.S. is good, maybe it shows that you are quire satisfied with the stuff you have.

Tone2TheBone
April 16th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Take up archery then you'll be gassing for more expensive stuff. :)

Plank_Spanker
April 17th, 2009, 07:02 AM
The past few GC visits, I've actually managed to get in and out with just what I was there to buy (usually strings, picks, and Fast Fret) without my eyes rolling back in my head in a GAS attack.

Not to say that I'm immune though...................:D

FrankenFretter
May 4th, 2009, 12:55 PM
At least you have a GC. There is not one decent music store within an hour of where I live. Not that I don't sit in front of my computer each and every morning looking at the latest stuff on clearance at MF. Still, it would be so nice to have a "hands-on" store somewhere nearby. It's Internet GAS for me from now on...

Rocket
May 4th, 2009, 01:46 PM
At least you have a GC. There is not one decent music store within an hour of where I live. Not that I don't sit in front of my computer each and every morning looking at the latest stuff on clearance at MF. Still, it would be so nice to have a "hands-on" store somewhere nearby. It's Internet GAS for me from now on...
What's wrong with Guitar Castle & Uptown Music?

FrankenFretter
May 4th, 2009, 02:37 PM
What's wrong with Guitar Castle & Uptown Music?

Haven't been to Uptown yet. Working in Keizer today, so maybe I'll sneak in a visit. I've been meaning to find Guitar Castle, but I've heard it's not that fantastic. The few that I have been to (they shall remain nameless) were sort of sterile and underwhelming.

Rocket
May 4th, 2009, 03:23 PM
The few that I have been to (they shall remain nameless) were sort of sterile and underwhelming.
Hey, what'cha expect for Toolieville, OR?
Sounds like a great excuse for a ROADTRIP to me!

marnold
May 5th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I live in a very small town. The closest music stores are 1/2 hour away. The GC is an hour away. I only went there at the time of the original post because I was at my in-laws place and they have a GC not too terribly far away.