PDA

View Full Version : Roland Cube 80x Tones?

TheStarter
April 15th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Hey so i have purchased the Roland Cube 80x and as it was recommended to me, they said it "blew the mini-cube out of the water." Personally i'm not getting what i want out of it. Its like brand new and many retail stores don't sell it yet, but if their is another lucky owner of cube 80x you wanna give me some tips of maybe great tones or things to do other than perfect a loop only to find out you can't save it...:confused:

markb
April 15th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Have a look at this thread. http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=11059
I recently tested and reviewed the 30X, 60 and 80X.

TheStarter
April 15th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Hey great review thanks, just to tell you i bought my cube 80x for $400 at my local store without a sale. By the way what is your favorite tone.

Just to say your great man:master:

markb
April 15th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Aw, shucks :)

I plug my tele straight into the Cube and use the JC for cleans and either the Brit Combo or Tweed for dirt depending on the kind of OD tone I want. I used to play into a real AC30 back in the 70s and this is a nice simulation. Those are my favourites, I don't really do high gain.
The 60 will punch its tone through to the far end of the bar I usually play in without any trouble. In fact I've never got it much past halfway on the clean channel, gain about halfway and volume around a third of the way up on the Tweed voice. It gets over the drums, no problem, but then my tele is a pretty punchy guitar.

TS808
April 16th, 2009, 08:17 PM
Hey so i have purchased the Roland Cube 80x and as it was recommended to me, they said it "blew the mini-cube out of the water." Personally i'm not getting what i want out of it. Its like brand new and many retail stores don't sell it yet, but if their is another lucky owner of cube 80x you wanna give me some tips of maybe great tones or things to do other than perfect a loop only to find out you can't save it...:confused:

Have you tried it with other guitars at all?

markb
April 16th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Last night a friend played through my Cube 60 on the Marshall model using his Norlin-era Les Paul. It sounded like a Les Paul through a Marshall (funnily enough) and was easily heard over the band at the far end of the bar for solos. The 80X is even more powerful but I fail to see why I'd want anything louder than the 60. A strat's nice through the BF Twin model too (again, unsurprisingly).