PDA

View Full Version : Queensryche questions II

Spudman
April 15th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Mrs Spud and I are going to spend the day with Queensryche on the 26th of April and do the concert thing in the evening. They now have a new guitar player, Parker Lundgren, and Michael recorded all the guitars parts on the new album American Soldier.

I'm planning on another interview.
Do you have any questions I can ask them relating to the album, gear, history etc?

pes_laul
April 15th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Ive always wondered if the singer took any voice lessons or how he developed such an insane range.

Spudman
April 15th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Ive always wondered if the singer took any voice lessons or how he developed such an insane range.

That's a good question. Thanks.:AOK:

Remember folks - I'm only going to ask questions that you suggest and then I'll post them back here after the show.

street music
April 15th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I know a guy who got to sing with them on stage who did a show for our Festival last year " Chuck Bradley" who is the lead singer for MIDLIFE CRISIS.
He is always talking about them being one of his favorite groups.

oldguy
April 15th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Ask if they've had problems with tinnitus, and how they've dealt with it.
They've been recording and touring for over two decades. Seriously.

Spudman
April 15th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Ask if they've had problems with tinnitus, and how they've dealt with it.
They've been recording and touring for over two decades. Seriously.

That's a good one. I know that on Geoff's solo tour they didn't even have amps on stage. They were using the Digitech GSP1101 and in ear monitors. Very quiet on stage.

marnold
April 27th, 2009, 06:27 PM
How was the concert? Wouldn't you know it, I thought of a question to ask today as I was listening to their eponymous EP.

Spudman
April 27th, 2009, 07:24 PM
It was good. They started with songs from Warning then did American soldier all the way except for 3 songs and then finished with songs from Empire. 3 solid hours. They did a lot of material they haven't done much live so that was pretty cool.

The room was good sounding and they weren't too loud. I didn't think the guitars were mixed up front enough or clear enough. Still the music was great and Geoff brought his 13 year old daughter out to sing a part from the new album. It was really cute.

Parker got new ESP guitars, Michael has a new relic looking signature model ESP and everyone used IEMs. The stage was very quiet except for drums. How do I know? I was front and center.:)