PDA

View Full Version : Derek Paravicini

thearabianmage
April 15th, 2009, 10:35 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has heard of him or not, but he's a child prodigy and a musical genius. . .

1kwjDLHX92w

Check out the rest of the documentary - part 2 is particularly amazing. . .

Mr Grumpy
April 15th, 2009, 11:24 AM
:eek: what an astonishing musician. Just incredible.

oldguy
April 18th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Bump.........

Yes, it is amazing. Apparently if your brain is wired for one thing only, it can achieve a level of accomplishment most of us would find impossible to comprehend. I also liked his sense of humor. He seems to have difficulty expressing himself verbally, but he's a gem nonetheless.:master:

thearabianmage
April 18th, 2009, 08:57 PM
Bump.........

Yes, it is amazing. Apparently if your brain is wired for one thing only, it can achieve a level of accomplishment most of us would find impossible to comprehend. I also liked his sense of humor. He seems to have difficulty expressing himself verbally, but he's a gem nonetheless.:master:

Derek seems like a lovely bloke. Savants and people with schizophrenia or autism are seen as disabled - in a lot of ways they are - but there are select number of these people that, if their gifts were used in the right way, could benefit people greatly.

Imagine a kid who can't tie his own shoes but could solve the most mathematically difficult problem - he doesn't have the creativity to come up with the problem, which is where 'normal' people come in, but he has the facilities to solve the problem put in front of him.

Instead, kids like this - and other prodigal children, savants, or generally people with highly refined skills in arts or academia due to conditions like autism or schizophrenia - are locked up in care homes 24/7. . .

Or maybe I just live in a disillusioned utopian fantasy-world, but I think they can have some good use.

tot_Ou_tard
April 19th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Thanks for that mage!! :AOK::AOK::AOK::AOK: