PDA

View Full Version : I did it again.....Vox AD50VT 212

TS808
April 15th, 2009, 06:13 PM
I had sold my Vox AD50VT 212 amp a few months back and got the Blackheart amps, and that was one amp I really regretted selling (hindsight is 20/20).

I saw one on ebay and grabbed it at a great price...less than half of the retail and the amp arrived today. This amp was ABSOLUTELY MINT. The guy on ebay sold it to pay for a Bogner that he bought.

I know alot of folks aren't into the digital thing, but I swear, the Vox AD50VT 212 is one of the best amps I've played....I really dig the tone, and also love the versatility of a two channel amp.

I also learned that to get the best sound out of the amp, set the master above 12:00, max the volume, set the eq and gain and THEN adjust the power level. It sounds pretty close to a cranked tube amp and I really like the feel and how well it responds to picking attack. Plus it's pretty compact and not too heavy.

I won't make the mistake of selling this amp again.

street music
April 15th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Congrats I have been GASing over one of these for about a month now.

TS808
April 15th, 2009, 06:33 PM
Congrats I have been GASing over one of these for about a month now.

I'm seeing them going cheap on ebay now. In fact, I'm seeing ALOT of used gear going pretty cheap on ebay lately.

Robert
April 15th, 2009, 06:57 PM
Wow that is almost crazy man! :D

TS808
April 15th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Wow that is almost crazy man! :D

Tell me about it. I really love the versatility of the amp though.

Jimi75
April 16th, 2009, 08:07 AM
Feel lucky that this amph is not discontinued and you could buy one again. I wish I had never sold my first Synsonic Strat....

bigG
April 16th, 2009, 08:27 AM
I have a Vox AD50VT 1x12. I was gonna sell it to help pay for my new Swart, but I just couldn't part with it! I hear ya, man - great amp! I don't think they're available anymore now that Vox has intro'd the VT series.

TS808
April 16th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I have a Vox AD50VT 1x12. I was gonna sell it to help pay for my new Swart, but I just couldn't part with it! I hear ya, man - great amp! I don't think they're available anymore now that Vox has intro'd the VT series.
They had discontinued the 2 x 12 AD50VT and I was lucky to find one in mint condition on ebay. I haven't heard the new VT series yet, but if they are just as good as the ADxxVT series, it's still one of the best bangs for the buck out there.

Radioboy950
April 16th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Without question, great value!
As you know, they sound great right out of the box, and many of the pre-sets are perfect. Other amph models are easily tweaked and sound really good.
There is a bit of a learning curve, but that’s part of the fun.
I love the “Blackface” (takes an overdrive pedal too), and the UK 80’s with a touch of delay and the gain dialed down just a hair.
FUN AMPH!

tot_Ou_tard
April 16th, 2009, 08:04 PM
What percentage of Fretters have Valvetronix gizmos?

I count for two: Tonelab & AD30VT.

markb
April 16th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I played through an ADVT30 in a live situation last night for a couple of numbers. I set it up on manual, AC15 model with the gain about 2/3rds and the volume on max, master just over halfway, attenuator flat out. Then I just controlled clean/drive from my tele for a kind of early Zep tone which sat nicely with the funky rock jam we were into at that point. Very cool tone and easily loud enough in that room, but I still like my Cube's UI better.