PDA

View Full Version : Avatar speaker cabinets

oldguy
July 29th, 2006, 08:32 AM
I think some of our brother fretters know of these enclosures, some of you may own one. I purchased a 2x12 cab off E-bay a couple years ago, and it has worked nicely for me. It has one Celestion Vintage 30 and one G12H30.
Avatar claims it is their most popular seller with this comfiguration. I noticed on their E-bay auctions that they only ship to the U.S., however, so I did some checking on their website. They do have dealers outside the U.S. if anyone is interested. They also offer other speaker choices. You can check their site if you like. Here is one link to their Canadian dealer.
http://www.steamcomusic.com/avatar/index.html
Someone had asked me recently how I liked the Avatar cab I own.
That is the reason for this post. I'm not saying this is the cab for anyone else, I was just satisfied with mine.:D
Hope this helps
Glenn

Bloozcat
July 31st, 2006, 01:35 PM
One of the best deals in a cabinet out there IMHO. I have one 2X12, semi-open back cab, and it's great. Does everything I could ask of a cabinet tonally, and it's very well built.

Robert
July 31st, 2006, 03:41 PM
Ohh, this is just what I need. Now, I have no idea what speakers I want. Suggestions?! You guys know what kind of stuff I play.

Robert
July 31st, 2006, 05:33 PM
Gee... thanks guys! You now have my wallet set on a G112 with an Eminence Patriot Governor! GAS creators! You should be punished!

Bloozcat
July 31st, 2006, 07:20 PM
Gee... thanks guys! You now have my wallet set on a G112 with an Eminence Patriot Governor! GAS creators! You should be punished!

Don't worry Robert, we are being punished. It's called self flagellation....

(please, no...don't make me buy another amp....somebody, help me...:o )

Spudman
July 31st, 2006, 09:44 PM
Looks like a good choice Robert. Let us know how it sounds after you get it.

Robert
August 1st, 2006, 07:40 AM
After some research, I think the Wizard is the speaker for me. The 1x12 cab seems just right - if it's too big it's too much pain in the rear to haul around.