PDA

View Full Version : Today's dumbest criminal award goes to--

luvmyshiner
April 18th, 2009, 07:41 AM
Suspect flees after allegedly bringing drugs into courthouse on way to pay bankruptcy fee

By Tommy Witherspoon Tribune-Herald staff writer
Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Waco man with apparent financial troubles compounded his problems Friday morning when he brought what police are saying is cocaine and methamphetamine into the federal courthouse.

Officials said the man entered the federal courthouse at 800 Franklin Ave. about 11:15 a.m. to pay fees in a bankruptcy case. However, his key ring, which had a small keyholder box with a sliding door attached, set off the metal detector as he walked through.

A court security officer asked him what was inside the box, and the man said it was his house key, officials said. The officer shook the small box and told him there was no key inside.

At that point, the man fled the building through a side door onto Eighth Street and kept running, officials said.
Waco police and U.S. marshals questioned a woman who was waiting in a black car on Eighth Street for the man to come out. She told authorities that she didn’t see the man leave the building and sprint down the street.

Waco police are still looking for the man and declined to release his identity until they catch him or obtain an arrest warrant.

Waco police spokesman Melvin Roseborough said police think the key holder contained less than 2 grams of both of the illegal drugs combined.

duhvoodooman
April 18th, 2009, 08:14 AM
Hey, those bankruptcy hearings are stressful! Ya never know if ya might not need a pop or two to get you through them! :thwap: :rolleyes:

Fiscal responsibility may be a rarity here is the US, but there sure is no shortage of idiocy....

sunvalleylaw
April 18th, 2009, 08:38 AM
My new bankruptcy clients aren't doing that yet, at least to my knowledge. A lot of people are getting desperate.

Robert
April 18th, 2009, 09:39 AM
There's one born every day.

oldguy
April 18th, 2009, 09:41 AM
I guess the court securtiy officer will be the key witness.........:munch:

luvmyshiner
April 18th, 2009, 09:44 AM

Groan . . . it shouldn't take them long to, "crack" the case.:poke:

street music
April 18th, 2009, 08:38 PM
Shiner, we recently had a couple who was found in a parking lot with their 3 yr old daughter and both of them were wasted out of the head, they were arrested and the child put into the hands of child care. One month later they were having a court hearing to try and get the daughter back, both were found in possession of meth upon entering the court house. They both said that they needed it to deal with the stress of having a young kid crying. Needless to say , they did not get the kid back.

Gutmann
April 19th, 2009, 07:00 AM

Groan . . . it shouldn't take them long to, "crack" the case.:poke:

:rotflmao: :bravo:

luvmyshiner
April 19th, 2009, 08:00 AM
They both said that they needed it to deal with the stress of having a young kid crying.

Geez Street, if they think that's stressful, what are they gonna' be using when the kid hits puberty????:thwap:

duhvoodooman
April 19th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Geez Street, if they think that's stressful, what are they gonna' be using when the kid hits puberty????
Automatic weapons?