PDA

View Full Version : Robert and Jaron live - Jump'n Jive

Robert
April 18th, 2009, 11:00 AM
Jaron and I played an impromptu gig on Tuesday afternoon. I brought my new video camera. It didn't turn out so great - I positioned the camera in the wrong spot so both sound and video isn't very good. I'm still learning how to best record with my Canon HG20.

Here's tune Jaron just started playing and I just had to follow best I could... it's often just off the cuff for me when I play with him.

My tone is lame on the clip - sounded much better in reality.

I think this clip particularly illustrates Jaron's strength as a piano player. He's got that boogie woogie thing down pretty, don't you think?
G2zYw0LikF0

Spudman
April 18th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Both of you guys rip. Nice job.

Jimi75
April 18th, 2009, 05:17 PM
He's got that boogie down for sure! I think you found a good way into the song and I can imagine that the live sound must have been pretty good. Who can judge sound on a video? Of course this song is showing your partner's piano skills, but I find it interesting to see how you managed to get into the song and how you wisely listened in the beginning - that's the part where 95% of the guitarists would have started to play WRONG OR RIGHT! :rotflmao:

pes_laul
April 19th, 2009, 07:34 AM
whoah I need to start practicing :dude:

Jipes
April 19th, 2009, 09:27 AM
For sure this guy can "rock" the place, you are a bit lost in the mix during rythmn part due to the position of the camescope but what I can here sounds pretty good Robert :AOK: The chorus sounds great a bit reminicent of Kid Ramos and consorts :rockon:

Katastrophe
April 19th, 2009, 04:20 PM
Gawd, I do love that boogie woogie piano. You sounded great, too, Robert.

Get Jaron to post. We can make him an honorary Fretter!