PDA

View Full Version : Just Saw This On Yahoo!

WackyT
April 19th, 2009, 10:40 AM
I think they definitely have potential.:bravo:

B-NPyxtUSEU

Care Bears On Fire (http://www.myspace.com/carebearsonfire)

Guitarist/lead vocalist and drummer are 13, and bassist is 14.

Hopefully they keep to their Joan Jett/punkish sound, and don't sell their souls to the recording industry.

thearabianmage
April 19th, 2009, 10:59 AM
It depends - is this just another manufactured band or did they form of their own accord? Do they write their own songs are is there a ghost writer?

WackyT
April 19th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Well, according to their Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Care_Bears_on_Fire), they formed in 2005 when they were in 5th grade, and got their big break in 2006 when New York Magazine wrote an article about them. They are on a semi-big label now with distribution and licensing agreement with EMI Records. So, I guess time will tell. If they start sounding like Brittney and the rest of manufactured music, then I guess they can be written off as just another corporate band. I do like their sound though in the above song.

Spudman
April 19th, 2009, 12:40 PM
Na na na na na na na na na na - don't wanna be like everybody else

Sorry kids but you are.

TS808
April 19th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Kind of reminds me of Hanna Montana meets the Jonas Brothers.

tunghaichuan
April 19th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Na na na na na na na na na na - don't wanna be like everybody else

Sorry kids but you are.

:rotflmao:

Yeah, teenagers always want to be rebellious and independent, but you will not find a more conformist group. :thwap:

tung

mrmudcat
April 19th, 2009, 02:26 PM
They sure as hec are not the Runaways:thwap:

They were often thought of as a manufactured band ..................but J.J. and Lita Ford had some talent as did the original drummer(cant think of her name ).Oh hec google it guys and girls..or im sure one of our many experts know:beer:

Suhnton
April 19th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Come on guys, they're 13 & 14. And girls too.
As Devo once said: "Are We Not Men?" (Yeah, OK their answer was: "We are Devo!", but still...)

msteeln
April 19th, 2009, 09:16 PM
They sure as hec are not the RunawaysAnd few have ever been as foxey as Jackie Fox's mom :AOK: