PDA

View Full Version : Best soccer goal ever?

Robert
April 21st, 2009, 07:26 AM
Poor Klinsmann!

pO9_YRwYEQc

marnold
April 21st, 2009, 07:51 AM
That was from a match on the fourth. I saw Bayern Munich play in a UEFA Champions League game on ESPN a couple of weeks ago and their defense looked awful. On that play, it appeared like they were saying, "We're down 4-1. No sense bothering." What a horrific display of "defense."

I was watching a highlight show a little while back where someone scored an absolutely amazing bicycle-kick goal. I'm still trying to figure out how he did it.

Yes, I'm one of three native-born Americans who really likes soccer.

Jimi75
April 21st, 2009, 07:59 AM
A friend of mine and I celebrated that victory! We do not like Bayern München really and that one goal was so great! :bravo:

I think Wolfsburg will win the German championship this year.

R_of_G
April 21st, 2009, 08:00 AM
Yes, I'm one of three native-born Americans who really likes soccer.

Ok, so that makes two of us. Who's the third? :D

Brian Krashpad
April 21st, 2009, 08:10 AM
Ok, so that makes two of us. Who's the third? :D

Me.

That was some great dribbling. Can't remember the last time I saw a back-heel score like that.

Then again I hardly ever get to watch soccer. Sometimes la Liga Mexicana on Univision, or the occasional Thursday night MLS game.

marnold
April 21st, 2009, 08:10 AM
A friend of mine and I celebrated that victory! We do not like Bayern München really and that one goal was so great! :bravo:
The way you spelled the team name reminded me of something that has always struck me as strange. The team name is usually Anglicized as "Bayern Munich" although some do use the German "Bayern München." I just wonder why if you're going to Anglicize half of it, why don't you go the whole way and call it "Bavarian Munich" or something? It's these sneaky inconsistencies that keep me up at night.

Jimi, from what you've watched is their defense really that bad or are they just frightfully inconsistent?