PDA

View Full Version : Asian guitar 500k Pots

Blaze
April 21st, 2009, 12:30 PM
Anyone knows about a good quality brand of 500k volume & tone pots for an asian guitar..I know Profile is one and i don t want any Alphas ??
CTS does nt fit..

mrmudcat
April 21st, 2009, 03:00 PM
Alpha pots are ok you can get them at GuitarFetish and other places;)

Drill out the holes a lil no big deal for some full size cts pots!!! (That is just my humble opinion) :beer:

thearabianmage
April 21st, 2009, 05:10 PM
Drill out the holes a lil no big deal for some full size cts pots!!! (That is just my humble opinion) :beer:

I personally second Mud's advice on widening the holes for CTS pots - I've done it on many guitars - whether through the actual wood or through plastic pickguards - and it's always a relatively quick (5 minutes tops) and straight-forward procedure.

The only tips I can offer are to drill from the cavity (so the back of the guitar/pickguard is facing you) and check the size often. Put the drill to a very high speed and work slowly and carefully.

Good luck!

mrmudcat
April 21st, 2009, 06:25 PM
I use blue painters tape on the finish side to keep it tidy.

bigoldron
April 21st, 2009, 08:48 PM
I use blue painters tape on the finish side to keep it tidy.

I'll second that motion. I usually drill from the front though, so there's less chance of the wood chipping out when the drill goes through. Just my two cents.

BTW, the CTS pots are worth the trouble. The Alpha's are OK, but the CTS is just better. Good luck! :AOK:

sumitomo
April 21st, 2009, 09:55 PM
You should use hollow body guitars cause 500k's of Asian pot is alot,your gunna need alot of guitars man! Sumi:D

bigoldron
April 21st, 2009, 10:42 PM
You should use hollow body guitars cause 500k's of Asian pot is alot,your gunna need alot of guitars man! Sumi:D

You're a sick man, Sumi... :messedup: :nono: :poke:

sumitomo
April 21st, 2009, 10:48 PM
Sorry Ron I just couldn't resist! Sumi:D

Blaze
April 22nd, 2009, 05:00 AM

Holy smoke !! :D

bigoldron
April 22nd, 2009, 05:36 AM
Sorry Ron I just couldn't resist! Sumi:D

Well, Cheech and Chong said it best, "Up in smoke, that's where my money goes..." :D

mrmudcat
April 22nd, 2009, 06:29 AM
:AOK: .shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh:thwap:

We just celebrated our (well some ;) ) holiday two days ago!!! :rotflmao: