PDA

View Full Version : Best piece of new gear - ear plugs

Spudman
April 21st, 2009, 06:26 PM
I finally splurged... a little too late though. I figure if I can just keep what hearing I've got left I'll be happy.

Sam Ash had these cheap and I got a free t-shirt with them. I'll check them out ASAP and report back. They are rated at a 12 db reduction. I hope it isn't too much. If it is I'll just turn up to compensate.:)

http://www.performanceaudio.com/images/products/70/4302_f.jpg

Robert
April 21st, 2009, 06:30 PM
I have the cheaper version of the Hearos. Better than nuthin', I guess.

Rocket
April 21st, 2009, 06:36 PM
Huh?

Spudman
April 21st, 2009, 08:09 PM
Huh?
I say that a lot.

Rocket
April 21st, 2009, 08:39 PM
I say that a lot.
Uh-huh... me too.
40+ years of Marshall stacks, cab walls, and not enough brain cells to use hearing, (or other,) protection... I preach the gospel now though!

If you can feel the sound... plugs IN!

Spudman
April 21st, 2009, 10:41 PM
It was monitors and cymbals that killed my hearing. I have a pretty bad ring in my left ear all the time. If I go play it gets worse so to avoid that I'm going to give these higher tech jobs a try. I used the foam plugs before but..eh, they suck.

Jimi75
April 22nd, 2009, 01:57 AM
Those are pretty good. I got similar ones by a company called Alpine. They came with 2 Filters that where you can chose how many decibel will be muted. They offer a very good sound spectrum, still clear and bright enough to enjoy them music you play. I used to have ear protectors that were specially casted after having made a plastical print/cast of my ear. ONE STUPID F*** has stolen them from me when we played a gig! Of course he can not use them because they only fit my ear. The professional ones cost me 180€, but I can get along very very well with the cheaper ones.