PDA

View Full Version : Good news! My solo in MTV video...

Jimi75
April 22nd, 2009, 05:39 AM
Ohhh friends,
I have just received great news! Last week I have played a Spanish guitar solo on a remix of a female house artist. She is already pretty well known in the house scene and plays around the world and the record company asked some friends of mine to create a chart compatible single for her. The label was blown away by the remix and by the S O L O! They loved it! The artist has already shot the video that will be published on all big music tv channels in Europe and maybe in the US too, and the single will hit the European market officially on 24.06.09! I AM PROUD LIKE HELL! With a tiny bit of luck, my name will be on the booklet/CD. The singer does completely other music than my taste but the single will be much mellower with real instruments - music that you and I would listen to when having a glass of wine and watching the sun go down ;-) Believe me the single is awesome and it will hit the charts for sure! I will post links to her site and to the video as soon as the single is published. The record label asked for discretion (no names, blablabla), so please understand that for now I can only share my excitement with you. I already have the song here on my computer in the non mastered version...comes time comes video - promissed, but please bear in mind that she has a touring band and I will not appear in the video, obviously there will be a guitarist faking some moves to my notes, hahahahahaha!

For the solo I have played a Washburn Nylon electro acoustic (great guitar), I have played 14 takes in a row and the producers have picked out one of the middle takes. The solo has some sweep spanish arp stuff and some little faster lick. When recording in the studio I first didn't know that they were already recording so I played all the "2 many notes" stuff to get warm, later on I changed to more melody versions and in the last third I offered some bluesier takes so that the producers had a big bowl to chose from.

:rockon:

Jimi75

mrmudcat
April 22nd, 2009, 06:25 AM
Congrats and you should be proud of your accomplishments ,more people should take your lead and be proud!:beer: :smile-us:

Brian Krashpad
April 22nd, 2009, 06:42 AM
That's fantastic! Sehr gut!

tot_Ou_tard
April 22nd, 2009, 06:43 AM
:AOK::AOK:Fantastic Jimi!! :AOK::AOK:

R_of_G
April 22nd, 2009, 06:48 AM
Congratulations Jimi. Looking forward to hearing it.:bravo:

luvmyshiner
April 22nd, 2009, 06:50 AM
Very sweet Jimi! Everyone over here at the Shiner household is proud as heck of you.

Robert
April 22nd, 2009, 07:04 AM
Terrific! We are all proud of you, Jimi! Hope we get to hear that song and that solo eventually. Congratulations!

bigG
April 22nd, 2009, 07:11 AM
Man, that's GREAT, Jimi! Mucho congrats! Hope to hear it on this side of the pond! Very proud of you! Salute and a :AOK:

Steffe1973
April 22nd, 2009, 07:42 AM
Holy moly!!
That´s pretty big man!! I wish U the best of luck!!!!

Please post so I can listen!

Jimi75
April 22nd, 2009, 07:54 AM
Thank you guys so much for your kind words!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Official release date ofthe single is 24.06.09, I will then post a link to the song and as soon as the video is out a link to the video.

Jimi75

wingsdad
April 22nd, 2009, 08:03 AM
Jimi, that's simply wonderful news, congratulations to you :bravo: :beer:

... I will not appear in the video, obviously there will be a guitarist faking some moves to my notes, hahahahahaha!
A stand-in for you this time, but maybe not the next time...and here's wishing you all the best, that there will be a next time. :) You caught a terrifc break here, Jimi :AOK:

For the solo I have played a Washburn Nylon electro acoustic (great guitar)...
Just curious (and perhaps some of the other 'Washovers' here are, too): did you happen to make note of which model Washburn you used? Borrowed it for the gig?

Jimi75
April 22nd, 2009, 08:17 AM
Jimi, that's simply wonderful news, congratulations to you :bravo: :beer:

A stand-in for you this time, but maybe not the next time...and here's wishing you all the best, that there will be a next time. :) You caught a terrifc break here, Jimi :AOK:

Just curious (and perhaps some of the other 'Washovers' here are, too): did you happen to make note of which model Washburn you used? Borrowed it for the gig?

Thank you Wings,

From what it looked like it must have been the C 104SCE. Really a wonderful guitar.

marnold
April 22nd, 2009, 08:37 AM
I look forward to seeing/hearing it!

Spudman
April 22nd, 2009, 08:46 AM
Is the solo in Spanish? If it is I won't be able to understand it. :messedup: Congrats anyway.:)

Iago
April 22nd, 2009, 09:18 AM
BIG Congratulations Jimi!!

Please, send us the link for the video when it's ready, if possible :D

Lev
April 22nd, 2009, 09:31 AM
Congrats Jimi, that's a great story.

ragnarpk
April 22nd, 2009, 09:55 AM
w00t congrats :D :D

sunvalleylaw
April 22nd, 2009, 10:13 AM
Awesome Jimi! I always love hearing your playing and can't wait to hear it!

SuperSwede
April 22nd, 2009, 10:30 AM
Awesome news Jimi, congrats!!!

hubberjub
April 22nd, 2009, 11:11 AM
That's great. I can't wait to hear it.

just strum
April 22nd, 2009, 02:56 PM
Caught a little of the thread at work - Congrats Jim!!!

sumitomo
April 22nd, 2009, 03:02 PM
That's cool Jimi I can't wait to hear it.Well I guess I'll have to wait,dang it I hate waiting.Sumi:D

Jimi75
April 22nd, 2009, 03:14 PM
Ha folks, thanks so much really! Well the solo is complementing the song, so please do not expect some Paco De Lucia, it's a little nice solo...but I think you'll like it :-)

duhvoodooman
April 22nd, 2009, 03:41 PM
Very cool, Jimi! Congrats & hope it leads to fame, fun & fortune for you!

oldguy
April 22nd, 2009, 06:09 PM
Just read this......that's great news, Jimi! Congratulations, I knew you had it in you, glad you caught a bit of good fortune on your way up the ladder.:AOK:

Kazz
April 22nd, 2009, 06:41 PM
Congratulations Jimi....can't wait to hear your playing on this track.

Blaze
April 23rd, 2009, 05:31 AM
Bravo Jimi , cool stuff , lookin forward to check this vid..