PDA

View Full Version : just saying hi

f1point7
July 31st, 2006, 12:11 AM
hi guitar heads. just a quick message to intro.
i'm robin by the way.
i used to play bass. now i'm on guitars.
and i'm here to get better and share whatever little i know!

great forum and source of knowlegde/info etc..
cheers from sunny singapore

oldguy
July 31st, 2006, 02:37 AM
Welcome, Robin!
Lots of good information here on thefret. Glad to have you aboard!
By the way, what kind of guitar(s) do you play? Any amps or other gear?
Glenn

tremoloman
July 31st, 2006, 07:17 AM
Welcome Robin! :)

So what made you decide to move from bass to guitar?

Robert
July 31st, 2006, 07:43 AM
Welcome to the boat of fretters!

Tim
July 31st, 2006, 09:02 AM
Welcome Robin. Another bass player! You will be welcomed here by other bass players. You should enjoy yourself here at the Fret Net.

Guitar-Chris
July 31st, 2006, 11:39 AM
cheers from sunny singapore

Welcome!

Singapure? So Fretnet is gonna be a worldwide Fretnet with peaople in evrey corner of the world ;)

Iago
July 31st, 2006, 12:21 PM
Welcome Robin! hope you like it here. So, how`s Singapore music scene like??

SuperSwede
July 31st, 2006, 12:34 PM
Welcome Robin!
So what kind(s) of music do you play?

f1point7
July 31st, 2006, 04:13 PM
Welcome, Robin!
Lots of good information here on thefret. Glad to have you aboard!
By the way, what kind of guitar(s) do you play? Any amps or other gear?
Glenn

hey there, thanks for the warm welcome.
i've just tried to add my gear to my signature. let's see if this works...

f1point7
July 31st, 2006, 04:42 PM
hi fretters! amazingly warm welcome. thankyer all.
will try and answer everybody in one message.

tremolo man
hmmmm a tough question. i love bass & guitar. so i'm not really sure i've 'switched'. but i'm definitely not as experienced as a electric guitar player.
i'm here to learn more! technique and how to get various sounds from an electric.

Robert
hey there, Robert. thanks for the welcome. you have a great site with lots of useful info. loved the stuff on pentatonic boxes and dorian/blues combo. btw, i have a similar occupation: i also design websites from time to time!

Tim
bass rocks. love playing with drummers and just jamming. i am/was/whatever one of those bassists that is ok with playing the same damn thing 200 times. it's the deep sound that gets me. i use a stingray.

Guitar-Chris
hey, isn't that is the beauty of the Internet?

Iago & SuperSwede
the singapore music scene is coming alive. mostly indie/indie-rock.
i'm not interested so much in cover bands. there are alot of those in singapore. i play&write originals in a 'rock' band. here's a sample (rough cut with garageband):http://www.myspace.com/shelftalker

not sure if it needs more guitar work. what do you guys think?

warren0728
July 31st, 2006, 05:33 PM
welcome robin....checked out your song....sounds good...i noticed there are three guitarists in your band...was that you with the predominant guitar sound?

BTW: how did you get the nickname "mountain"?

ww

f1point7
July 31st, 2006, 05:53 PM
welcome robin....checked out your song....sounds good...i noticed there are three guitarists in your band...was that you with the predominant guitar sound?

BTW: how did you get the nickname "mountain"?

ww

there are only 2 guitars there. we kinda take turns to play. my guitar comes out more in the changes of the song (anywhere but the verse)

my colleagues at work gave me that nickname. i'm kinda tall for an asian.

warren0728
July 31st, 2006, 05:55 PM
there are only 2 guitars there. we kinda take turns to play. my guitar comes out more in the changes of the song (anywhere but the verse)

ok...i like your sound!

my colleagues at work gave me that nickname. i'm kinda tall for an asian.
gotcha!

ww

Spudman
July 31st, 2006, 10:13 PM
Welcome aboard Robin. I hear Singapore is a pretty vibrant place. I hope you get plenty of inspiration from it and spread it around the fret.net.

ps. Hide your checkbook.:)

f1point7
July 31st, 2006, 11:58 PM
thanks Spud. so it's a good thing i don't even have a checkbook?!!

Justaguyin_nc
August 6th, 2006, 08:01 AM
Welcome Robin... Great place to be here on the Fretnet.. and as long as you dont get GAS you wont need a checkbook.. but these guys kinda give ya GAS after a week or so.. expect to purchase more gear...:)

warren0728
August 6th, 2006, 09:19 AM
so it's a good thing i don't even have a checkbook?!!
might be a good thing if you hang around here for long :D

are there any local shops in your area or are you limited to buying online? As a photographer i would love to see some pics from part of the world!!

ww

f1point7
August 6th, 2006, 09:58 AM
hey Warren, erm it's too late! i definitely have been infected with GAS.
purchased my ad50vt just the other day - and already i've broken a string and i can't feel my fingers anymore...

as for local shops, yes there are plenty! there are a couple of buildings in town that i'm sure you'd have a field day in. these buildings only have music AND photographic gear. the range available for both are pretty darn good especially for photographic gear. there are alot of enthusiasts in singapore

the japanese fenders are popular here and they also sell the SX guitars off the shelf too. can't really help you on the photos but how about this?

http://www.flickr.com/search/?w=all&q=singapore&m=text

you got an online folio for your photography?

ibanez_freak36
August 7th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Hello Robin, welcome, I am kinda new here too. Just remember to not be scared to talk its OK. This site rocks, my man Tremoloman turned me onto the site. You can learn alot here as I have in the few months I have been here, and want to learn more. All of us are here to help. I am interested in why you chose to go from Bass to guitar?? The reason is my current Bassist did exactly the opposite, he is a converted guitarist that swiched fromo Heavy Metal Guitar to classic rock Bass and let me tell you what WOW. It has vaulted my band to new heights. Well good luck with it and we are all glad to have you with us......the freak