PDA

View Full Version : Good JTM45 article in Premier Guitar

Robert
April 22nd, 2009, 04:41 PM
See http://digital.premierguitar.com/premierguitar/200905_1/

I've heard lots of raving about the MetroAmps. Has anyone here tried one?

oldguy
April 22nd, 2009, 06:18 PM
See http://digital.premierguitar.com/premierguitar/200905_1/

I've heard lots of raving about the MetroAmps. Has anyone here tried one?

Nope.......but I've seen (and posted) links to them here before.
They're supposed to be great quality, and not overly expensive for boutique type stuff.

msteeln
April 22nd, 2009, 07:15 PM
...and it's always good to get the latest Backstage Pass net mag in my box.
Found the Allparts Tremol-No vibrato to be of interest, and hope to read further user reviews soon. The cons mentioned in the article were the thumb screws coming loose and out(!) while playing (gotta be a way to remedy that), and the block sticks out past the spring plate. But an otherwise curious new item.

I was also glad to see someone take the reviewers to task on always giving positive reviews, finding it hard to take them seriously after a while, this in response to the previous micro amp round-up.

Jimi75
April 23rd, 2009, 01:32 AM
Thank you Robert, I loved that article! By the way, I once had the chance to play over a Mojave amph and it was boneshakingly loud, crisp, warm at the same time. Those Mojave amphs are great.

Anyways, for me as a JTM45 owner it was a great read, really. The JTM45 delivers all the goods. I AM STILL WEARING MY PINK GLASSES, honestly I have no single reason to complain about this amph. My playing improved so much with the sound/tone and may it sound funny or not, but my "on stage self-esteem" grew with this glorious killer amph behind me on stage. I would call the JTM45 a time machine, because it produces all the lovely 60's sounds, and at the same time you put the right pedal in front of it and you can go crazy with modern metal riffing. I once dropped my Les Paul to D, then went nuts with my OCD and kicked the JTM - You won't belive the awesome sound it delivered. I know I am repeating myself, but the the JTM45 type amphs really kick some serious bu**. I know that the Metro and Germino clones are truly great amphs, but for me it was clear that I wanted the original Marshall. No looking back since then. I know there's a lot of great amphs out there, but everytime I get into the rehearsal room and play the first notes my heart starts beating faster :-)

The only amph I considered buying before I received the JTM Reissue was a Ceriatone.

Plank_Spanker
April 25th, 2009, 05:12 PM
The JTM45 was a benchmark amp. My Germino Club 40 is loosely based on the 45, with a few modern tweaks.