PDA

View Full Version : Captain Keith Richards?

Tim
July 31st, 2006, 08:44 AM
I have not seen this posted yet on the Fret Net. It is from an article in “Empire Movies” dated July 6, 2006.

http://www.empiremovies.com/index.php?id=12105

Captain Keith Richards?

Gore Verbinski and Jerry Bruckheimer have apparently discovered that sometimes, you can get what you want.

After months of speculation, it has been confirmed that Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards will make a cameo appearance in the third installment of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, playing the father of Johnny Depp's character, Captain Jack Sparrow.

Depp has been quoted as saying that his interpretation of the Jack Sparrow character has been based in part on Richards' body language and mannerisms.

Depp, Bruckheimer and co-star Orlando Bloom confirmed Richards' involvement in the project during recent press interviews for "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" in London.

The Associated Press quoted Depp as saying, "We're all looking forward to the idea of Keith coming in and doing a cameo...You never say it's definite until the guy steps on the set and the camera is rolling. But it's looking very, very good."

While the specifics of Richards' appearance have not yet been disclosed, it is a sure bet that it is unlikely to involve climbing palm trees.

The third installment of "Pirates" is due to resume filming in California next month.

////

duhvoodooman
August 1st, 2006, 06:44 AM
Cap'n Keef, huh? That could be a lot of fun. Great opportunity to work some Stones references or lyrics into the dialogue!

Captain Jack: My compass is working! I finally know what I want!

Cap'n Keef: Well, Jacky, me boy--you can't always get what you want!

Captain Jack: If only these swells would stop rocking the ship!

Cap'n Keef: It's only rock & roll, but I like it!

Captain Jack: Looks like a storm rolling in, Pops! We better get below deck!

Cap'n Keef: Right you are, laddy! Gimme shelter!

Spudman
April 3rd, 2007, 05:31 PM
Keith Richards: `I snorted my father' Tue Apr 3, 3:53 PM ET

LONDON - Keith Richards (http://search.news.yahoo.com/search/news/?p=Keith+Richards) has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all.
ADVERTISEMENT
In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.
"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.
"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."
Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.
Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.
"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.
"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.
"I was No. 1 on the `who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.

Jimi75
April 4th, 2007, 02:14 AM
It was so obvious that this had to come.
Perfect! I am looking forward to see part three!

:DR

Fingers
April 4th, 2007, 05:55 AM
Cool........................

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g276/fingers23/keithRichardsPirates3.jpg