PDA

View Full Version : Gibson Jeff Beck Oxblood

Blaze
April 23rd, 2009, 06:07 AM
Another expensive Reissue model , looks Cool tho..
This is the model he played in the 70 s in his Blow by Blow period ..

http://www.modernguitars.com/archives/004792.html

Here s an old clip that obviously look vintage ..

pNSSQycQpCw&feature

bigG
April 23rd, 2009, 06:31 AM
Blazes, pretty cool. I sometimes wonder abt these signature reissues - most are too expensive and some are not made as well as you'd think they would be.

I saw The Jeff Beck Group in abt 1967-68 live, w Rod Stewart vocals and Ronnie Wood on bass. Right around Truth or Beck-ola release.

Also, have you seen the Eric Clapton 2007 Crossroads Concert DVD or on TV? Jeff Beck absolutely blows it away, but what thrilled me equally was his female bass player - man, could that chick play her 5-string bass! Simply jaw-dropping!:master:

Blaze
April 23rd, 2009, 06:40 AM
but what thrilled me equally was his female bass player - man, could that chick play her 5-string bass! Simply jaw-dropping!:master:

Here she does a superb solo , great talent ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIFFRHBCPzA&eurl#t=1m13s

bigG
April 23rd, 2009, 06:46 AM
Yep, that's her! Easy on the eyes, too, eh!!!:bravo:

Thanks for that vid!

I could've sworn it was a 5-string! Oh, how my memory is failing me!:)

mrmudcat
April 23rd, 2009, 07:52 AM
She is really young...(23).... .just a kid ...(aussie born 1986) .....my oldest 14 has been watching her and has her myspaced for 2 years now!!! She also plays some guitar !

Truly blessed this one!:bravo:

msteeln
April 23rd, 2009, 09:20 PM
Do these come NEW or 'Beck used' new? Look's like the proto is dinged, that would suck.

Fab4
April 24th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Do these come NEW or 'Beck used' new? Look's like the proto is dinged, that would suck.

It sounds like sort of both. The article says the first 50 will be "aged to look like" models, so they'll be copied from Beck's original instrument like the SRV #1 and Lenny models. They'll also be signed by Jeff Beck. As such they're aimed pretty much exclusively at collectors. The next 100 will have Gibsons "slightly aged" VOS finish, which you can actually clean off and polish up if you're so inclined.

Gibson has a number of other good '54 Oxblood LP reissue models that have clean finishes and can be had at reasonable prices (by Gibson standards at least), especially if you can find them used. I played one a few months ago and it was great. It was heavy at 9+ lbs, but man it sounded good. Its non-compensated stoptail bridge is a toneful unit, even if it isn't the most sophisticated design.

msteeln
April 24th, 2009, 06:53 PM
1) It sounds like sort of both. The article says...
2) Gibson has a number of other good '54 Oxblood LP reissue models that have clean finishes and can be had at reasonable prices.1) Cool, thanx for doing my homework for me, Fab4!
2) I did not know that. Thanx again. I've always wondered why more LPs don't have the comp stop. That's a mean machine!

Plank_Spanker
April 25th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Great clip, Blazes! :AOK:

Jeff Beck is a guitar player that never bores me - you never know where he's going to go next.

As for the guitar - straight at the collectors.