PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Condom: Be Good To Your Wood!

wingsdad
April 23rd, 2009, 09:37 PM
heh, heh...I said 'wood'...:thwap:

I kid you not...that's what it says:

guitarcondom.com/ (http://www.guitarcondom.com/)

Found out about this on a manufacturer's forum I check in on.

What ever happend to plain 'ol common sense?

Wonder how many suckers have fallen for this....ahhh...:whatever:

markb
April 23rd, 2009, 10:21 PM
I love the way the instruction illustrations use a woman's hands just to play up the fnaar, fnaar factor :rotflmao:

Rocket
April 23rd, 2009, 11:01 PM
...or one could refrain from wearing belt buckles & riveted jeans while playing. I've been doing that successfully for 40+ years with excellent results.

Suhnton
April 24th, 2009, 03:00 AM
..or grow a beergut

Blaze
April 24th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Good thing that some bad guitars can not reproduce ..

bigG
April 24th, 2009, 06:11 AM
...or one could refrain from wearing belt buckles & riveted jeans while playing. I've been doing that successfully for 40+ years with excellent results.

Agreed, Rocket. I've been wearing my belt buckles one loop to the left since I started playing in 1963. Belt buckle scratches on the back of a guitar are unforgivable. I take EXTREMELY good care of all my gear - always have.

All of my guitars are in either hardshell cases or gigbags. I don't display any of them b/c who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of cable techs or phone repairmen or any other intruder into my domicile! Displaying them is an invitation to the wicked for stealing them! Paranoia strikes deep!:D

kiteman
April 24th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Guess I will need a triple extra large for my hardwood. :rotflmao:

Robert
April 24th, 2009, 07:11 AM
Wow. I like that picture of what happens to the guitar if you don't wear yer condom... hmm yeah right.

wingsdad
April 24th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Yep, that's the point...common sense is all it takes if you care not to 'relic' your guitars. I either kept buckles to the side, or covered them with stage garb ... an untucked shirt, or some sort of vest or jacket.

Plank_Spanker
April 24th, 2009, 05:03 PM

No riveted jeans and I wear a belt, but I buckle it on my side for gigs. I also wear untucked shirts. No buckle rash on my guitars.

mcgreggor57
April 24th, 2009, 06:25 PM
..or grow a beergut
:beer:

luvmyshiner
April 24th, 2009, 06:32 PM
I just put a sock on my other wood, pull it up, and wrap it around my buckle three or four times. That usually keeps the guitar from getting any scratches.:D

Childbride
April 24th, 2009, 06:38 PM
:thwap: :messedup: :(

(audible sigh...)

[backs slowly out of the room and closes the door]

wingsdad
April 24th, 2009, 08:35 PM
I just put a sock on my other wood, pull it up, and wrap it around my buckle three or four times. That usually keeps the guitar from getting any scratches.:D
:rotflmao: I figured you take the bait, shiner ;)

Which, of course, would lead to...

:thwap: :messedup: :(
(audible sigh...)

[backs slowly out of the room and closes the door]

:wave: