PDA

View Full Version : Replacing our bass player.

Plank_Spanker
April 24th, 2009, 04:41 PM
We've been getting fed up with our bass player for quite a while now - never learning the material, not even recognizing song titles when we call them, and just droning away at the key note while he fumbles through tunes. So.........................he's outa here.............................

We jammed with a bass player last night that played with our other guitar player in previous bands and he's looking for a gig.

I almost cried tears of joy....................:D

This guy has great chops, a great sound, a great voice, a great attitude, and he thinks well on his feet - we played tunes that he's never heard or played before and he hung right in there like he wrote them. We're jamming again this Thursday evening and we're going to offer him the gig.

Spudman
April 24th, 2009, 04:49 PM
Boooooy do I know this one. Sorry to hear it. I'm happy that you found a replacement though.:AOK:

mrmudcat
April 24th, 2009, 06:41 PM
DITTO AND DITTO!!!!!:beer:

Dont let the door hit ya where the good LORD split ya:master:

Plank_Spanker
April 24th, 2009, 07:10 PM
The replaced bass player is actually a very good bass player - in a jam situation playing blues. He doesn't need song titles. Just call out something like "slow shuffle in C" and he's got you covered expertly all day long.

We're doing modern rock........................those rules do not apply. He has never sat down once with a CD to actually learn his parts and the changes.

All I have left to do is a face to face meeting with him to explain why he was replaced.................

mrmudcat
April 24th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Maybe I was a lil harsh,but really he should of known his puzzle piece did not match the puzzle.I always did:whatever: :thwap:

Plank_Spanker
April 25th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Weren't harsh at at, man. :beer: