PDA

View Full Version : Setting a New Goal

marnold
April 24th, 2009, 08:36 PM
My attempt to learn the "In My Dreams" solo didn't go as planned, but I will keep at it. In the meantime, I decided to go back and finally learn the solo for "Paranoid". I chose that for several reasons:
1) I like the song, so I'm more likely to stick with it.
2) It's relatively simple, at least compared to "In My Dreams".
3) It gives me a chance to bust out my fuzz pedal.

I've set a goal of learning it by Memorial Day. It probably won't take that long, but I've had some unexpected garbage come up lately so I wanted to keep things realistic but still achievable. I'll be using backing track that came with a copy of GuitarOne a few years back. I think learning solos is basically going to be the only way for me to keep advancing in my playing. The difficulty is coming up with good ones that I want to learn but won't require me to take a million years or grow extra digits.

Jimi75
April 25th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Best of luck for your new project. Regarding the DREAMZ solo, only yesterday I've read an interview with Michael Impelleteri and he said as a guitarist with goals you have to learn to cope with frustration, so hang in to learning the solo, I a sure you will nail that solo still in 2009!

:AOK:

street music
April 25th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Marnold go for it and good luck.

I hope to have my tracks recorded soon, I finally have a mic that works pretty well in audacity so now I just have to figure out the save feature and then how to post that on box net or someplace I can upload it too.
My playing ability isn't up to par with very many of you fretters but I'm proud to have gotten as far as I have in 3 years of self learning.

I will be waiting to hear that solo .

Robert
April 25th, 2009, 08:17 AM
That is great Marnold. Keep your focus, I'm impressed by your attitude. Would love to hear something recorded too.