PDA

View Full Version : Oscar Schmidt OE-30 question

F4DPhantomII
July 31st, 2006, 03:24 PM
I bought a used OE 30 at local Guitar Center friday.$129 used.In excellent shape no scratches,dings or marks.Cherry Red finish looks hardley used.Plays great.My questions are: 1)Has anyone seen an Oscar Schmidt OE 30 without the Delta King label on headstock? It also is one without the OE 30 on the headstock.But i have seen some with OE 30 and without.No country name where made.No engraving on bolt on neck coverplate.The label inside body says OE 30 CH serial IS 9120077.Any ideas when are where made.Thanks for input.:R

overthehill
August 2nd, 2006, 11:58 AM
The first two digits should be the year it was made,but after that who knows.You might try writing Washburn and see if they can help.If you own one you either love it or hate it from what I have seen and heard,mine was made in China and it's one of the best guitars I own.Some are made in Indonesia and I think these are the ones that have the most problems .I have an Indonesian Squier Strat that I am very happy with so who knows?I hope this post was of some help to you.

F4DPhantomII
August 4th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Washburn email says made in China 1999.Not all had Delta King label.1999 was 1st year made.

warren0728
September 3rd, 2006, 02:18 PM
i'm thinking of getting a cheap 335 style guitar...do you guys still like your oscar schmidt OE 30.....i am thinking of getting one of them or this one from rondo.

http://www.rondomusic.net/shm91so.html

thoughts?

ww

M29
September 3rd, 2006, 05:26 PM
Hello ww,

Didn't I just see these for $99.00 at MF or someplace? I am sooo tempted but I am getting too many guitars around here.

M29

warren0728
September 3rd, 2006, 05:31 PM
mf had the OS's for $99 bucks last week but they were out of stock...now that they are in stock they went up to 129.99

ww

F4DPhantomII
September 8th, 2006, 06:50 PM
If I would have known they would be on sale for $99.99 I would have bought new with the free shipping.But I still like mine a lot.So far I have 2 guitars the Oscar schmidt OE 30 and a Johnson JS 800.And a Johnson 15 amp.I know I'm starting small and on the cheap but I'm a beginner.

Justaguyin_nc
September 8th, 2006, 07:01 PM
F4D... They are pretty good guitars for the bucks... I had one (Blueburst) and put the Duncan Blues pickup set in it.... Possibly could do with upgrading the pots and switch also.. I had realized I didn't like the 335 feel over all but the guitar was very nice for the money and had a pretty good sound especially for the money.... I gave it to a Nephew(13) knowing it would sit on the wall if I didn't... he is enjoying the heck out of it from what I hear .. he is sleeping with it..:) For a beginner's guitar it's hard to beat.. I did shim the neck also to make the strings even lower and improve the intonation..