PDA

View Full Version : Pod 2.0 and pedals

Bandini
April 27th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Hey!

I have a marshall (50W) and a pod 2.0. I am planning to expand alittle bit, and need some pedals to manouvere my preseets on my pod. I also miss a booster pedal.

Do you guys have anything to recomend?

B

ragnarpk
April 27th, 2009, 10:16 AM
do you mean something to switch between presets on the pod? something like the FBV Express or something?

or are you talking about pedals to accompany your pod?

Bandini
April 27th, 2009, 11:03 AM
I was actually thinking of something to switch between presets on the pod, but I`m happy for other suggestions as well.

I`m connecting my pod through the "return" on the back of the amp. Can I connect other kind of pedals when I`m using the pod this way?

As mentioned I really miss a booster option, but I can`t say I`ve seen anything like that for the Pod.

B

ragnarpk
April 27th, 2009, 12:24 PM
well if you have them connected in series, you can just have your whole rig go in to the return.

and i mentioned the FBV, does that thing not switch between presets? all i know is that its compatible with the pod, not sure what all the buttons do exactly.. you might wanna look into it.

and as for a booster, i'm not into that whole thing, i'm sure some of the regulars will come running with suggestions soon enough..

and you might wanna get a wah, every guitarist needs one :D you might want a crybaby, or one of the vox's or maybe an ibanez. the wh10 is incredible, if you can find one ;)

Spudman
April 27th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Check out Line 6 products here (http://line6.com/footcontrollers/). There are floor boards that work with the POD. Yes they all allow you to change presets. For a boost pedal I would just add a pedal between your guitar and POD for boosts. Maybe an EQ pedal or Overdrive or clean boost pedal.

Suhnton
April 27th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I have a POD II as well. As far as I can tell they require the Line6 pedalboards, which is a bit of a PITA.

Spudman
April 27th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Midi can work for some things but it won't give you total control. Probably just program changes and if that is all you need then a basic midi control pedal would work. The POD has midi.

Bandini
April 28th, 2009, 11:06 AM
Thanks. Now I just have to find my perfect rig. I don`t know very much about these things, so I just have to experiment a bit.

Bandini
April 28th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Do you have any specific booster pedal to recomend? I play stuff like Stones, Zeppelin and White Stripes.. And love to just push that button for hard riffing and solos..

Spudman
April 28th, 2009, 12:00 PM
A Digitech Bad Monkey or one of the Danelectro Cool Cat pedals, the Drive or Transparent Overdrive all make great inexpensive boost/overdrive pedals that would work for what you want.