PDA

View Full Version : What about this guys tone and playing?!!

GREENMACHINE
April 27th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Hey guys,
I was searching on youtube to kind of re-inspire myself to do some better solos haha. And I stumbled across this guy: Md2zP61uOp0
What do you guys think about his playing and tone?
I love his tone! And he has an unusual style, I think.

What do you guys think?

Cheers,
Cav:D

ragnarpk
April 28th, 2009, 01:27 PM
sounds a little bit like avenged sevenfold's guitarist at times..

and ew that thing starting around 1:13. i hate that kind of playing.

he's pretty good, technically, but sometimes he gets too worried about playing really fast :/

Jimi75
April 28th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Excellent tone. Good find. I think his phrasing could be tastier, I mean leaving more room for the notes.

Radioboy950
April 28th, 2009, 03:56 PM
Man, that Eminem can shred too?!!

Seriously, he's quite a player. But I really don't dig that neoclassical riffing and sweeping...regardless of who is playing it. Just not my thing.
I checked out some of the dude's other stuff on his website, and it's quite good.

birv2
April 28th, 2009, 06:33 PM
I certainly admire his technical skills and wish I could play that fast. The music is not to my taste, but hey. Not saying it's bad music, just not my style. I stopped listening after the first 30 seconds.

Bob

GREENMACHINE
April 28th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Yeah, I think he does some really weird stuff!! And I agree that he does try to play fast and isn't concerned too much about 'tasty' notes. But Still, if I could play like that, I would be happy haha.

BrettS
April 29th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Yeah, I think he does some really weird stuff!! And I agree that he does try to play fast and isn't concerned too much about 'tasty' notes. But Still, if I could play like that, I would be happy haha.

When I was young, all that speed would've been impressive. Now, Bonamassa, Eric Johnson, Albert Lee, and Brent Mason do the trick for me.

The guy above has talent, no question. Just not my cup o' meat.

Spudman
April 29th, 2009, 11:05 AM
He sounds good. His tone and ability is very good for that style. Like Jimi I would love to see a little more space and less shred. He's got talent for sure.