PDA

View Full Version : G_Slide Blues Collaboration...

Blaze
April 28th, 2009, 02:09 PM
If you guys feel for it , here' a collaboration backin track in G with my little slide thing on the openning ,there s plenty of space for you to have a little slide impro of your own..

Does nt matter your skills on the slide , just have fun and enjoy the try..

BTW my take is in standard tunning..

G_Slide Collabo.. (http://www.box.net/shared/3kc916j7lb)

Blazes:AOK:

tjcurtin1
April 28th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Whoa, Blazes! Great electric slide tone! How do you get it?

Jipes
April 29th, 2009, 03:53 AM
Great idea I might give it a try I discover the G tuning recently (I always played mainly in D tuning or exotic tuning) and I love it :AOK:

Jipes
April 29th, 2009, 03:55 AM
Hey Blazes that's a great tone and sustain that you deliver in that piece :AOK: Tasteful playing !

Blaze
April 29th, 2009, 04:26 AM
Whoa, Blazes! Great electric slide tone! How do you get it?

Ruetz mode of the Rabid rodent + the crunch channel of my Traynor ..
Played on my new Xaviere Xv600..
In fact , i m practicing Slide with this backing track so i thought it might be cool to other guys to try a little slide too..

Come on guys !!

duhvoodooman
May 1st, 2009, 10:23 AM
For any of you unfamiliar with what Blaze is referring to by "Ruetz mode of the Rabid rodent", a brief word of explanation:

The Rabid Rodent is my modified build of the BYOC Mouse kit, which is a souped up clone of the venerable ProCo Rat. But with 6 separate clipping choices, it's got tons more tonal flexibility than any Rat ever had. Additionally, I also install an optional toggle switch (circled in red in the photo below) that engages a modification known as the "Ruetz mod" (named after its inventor) which reduces the Rat's prodigious gain, softens its distortion and flattens out the EQ profile considerably. Obviously used to good effect here by the illustrious Mr. Blaze! Great tone, my friend!

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/7449fb205328fbe.jpg

Blaze
May 6th, 2009, 04:45 AM
Well , well, well , i 'm hopin for some company here ..

Where are these slide guitar fans ??

helliott
July 1st, 2009, 06:30 PM
Dunno how I missed this. But I found it today and have had the same experience of suggesting a collaboration and having no one respond. Here's my first take. I tried to stay away from your tone, which is awesome, and do something different. Hope others join it, lots of room. If not, maybe a call and response is ino order?
http://www.box.net/shared/9trfi2e1bg

Blaze
July 1st, 2009, 07:51 PM
Cool stuff Helliot, pretty nice groove ...:bravo:

Let see now if somebody else will jump in the Blazin slide Blues ..

ted s
July 1st, 2009, 08:09 PM
Awesome stuff guy's !
Gonna have to practice up some slide, thanks for the push !

sunvalleylaw
July 1st, 2009, 11:03 PM
I don't even own a slide (never even tried one), but love to hear collabs. Thanks Blazes! I am not sure how i missed this the first time around either. That Rodent is a good pedal, eh?

bedroom rocker
August 23rd, 2009, 11:28 PM
I don't even own a slide (never even tried one), but love to hear collabs. Thanks Blazes! I am not sure how i missed this the first time around either. That Rodent is a good pedal, eh?
do youe mean slide or dont own a slide guitar? as you dont need either, just use a bit of metal pipe, skinny glass jar or even a bic lighter laying around the house, shed etc :D

mrmudcat
August 24th, 2009, 06:15 AM
craftsman socket plug works also:rotflmao:

BluesHowler
August 24th, 2009, 08:42 PM
I'd like to add my attempt at slide on this backing track but I have no idea on how to record. What do I need on my computer as far as a mike or downloaded program to record over the backing track?

I have a lap steel and a Squire Start that is set up for slide.

Blaze
August 25th, 2009, 07:27 AM
I'd like to add my attempt at slide on this backing track but I have no idea on how to record. What do I need on my computer as far as a mike or downloaded program to record over the backing track?

Need a USB Audio/MIDI Interface like this one(link) to plug your instruments ,mic, etc..
Check on E bay or at your local Computer store..

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackPro.html

Audacity is an easy and free recording software you can get here..

http://another.teacher.free.fr/IMG/zip/audacity126_lame397-2.zip

bedroom rocker
August 27th, 2009, 12:58 AM

like blaze said, blues howler, google audacity and download it. i used that to record my contribution to old guys "new one to play with" thread. an easy free program thats pretty cool to muck around with. i didnt know what i was doing but mucked around with the program for a bit and got the hang of it. as for usb audio/midi type interfaces, good idea, and worth the money, but if youre on a budget, buy a decent microphone to plug into your computer, unless yours has a built in one, like mine, then its easy peasy :dude:

BluesHowler
August 27th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Thanks a whole bunch guys! I'm going to get Audacity and the interface thingy.

I'm not sure when it's all going to come together but I'll post some slide stuff soon.