PDA

View Full Version : D Minor Blues Evening Wank

Robert
April 28th, 2009, 10:25 PM
I wrote this nice groovy backing track and decided I needed some fat distorted humbucker tones for some lead wankage, so I brought out the Michael Kelly and hooked it up with Toneport/Gearbox with the Marshall Plexi Lead and the Facial Fuzz stompbox.

Here is my take - So Upsetting (http://www.box.net/shared/8myfok5v4g)

How's that sounding? A few missed notes here and there and some crappy timing here and there but that's how she goes this late evening. Have some :pancake:

SuperSwede
April 29th, 2009, 12:22 AM
Sounds good to my ears, and you gotta share that backing :)

Jipes
April 29th, 2009, 03:54 AM
How's that sounding? A few missed notes here and there and some crappy timing here and there but that's how she goes this late evening. Have some :pancake:

Sounds surely good to me greasy and great chops spicing the sauce ! You rock man :rockon:

Robert
April 29th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Thankee sai, the rhythm guitar is maybe mixed too loud?

bigG
April 29th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Very good, Robert! Wonderful fuzzy warm tone! VERY tastey!

How you are able to do everything you do in a day is beyond me! And you do it ALL so well!:master:

Spudman
April 29th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Those pickups have a nice sound for the style you are playing. Is that a backing track or something you did with EZ Drummer?

Robert
April 29th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Thanks, yes I did that backing track with EZ drummer. I played my SX bass too.

sumitomo
April 29th, 2009, 12:22 PM
I like that,I'm gunna try that setting.good quack,fuzzy.Good riffin groove Rob.Sumi:D

piebaldpython
April 29th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Really nice playing Robert!! The rhythm guitar was not AS noticeable the second time through. :D It seemed a bit much for about the first minute (in the initial listening) then settled back a bit.
Anyway, nice lead work.

just strum
April 29th, 2009, 06:17 PM
Nice job!

Groovy?

I better go pop in my Monkees DVD:D

Robert
April 29th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks, guys! Someone pointed out a good point - that I could make it more melodic and thematic to draw the listener in more. I might try that. Usually when I improvise, I just go for it and see what happens. I have the most fun when I'm being very spontaneous. However, it can also be fruitful to have rough plan for a solo, especially if it is a long solo, like this one.

But if I start planning too much, it gets serious and then I'm gonna want to arrange the backing track and make into something more "finished" and that kinda takes away from the fun of just improvising to a backing track. Ahh, decisions. :whatever:

Steffe1973
April 30th, 2009, 12:43 AM
You´re the man!! Greeeeaaat playing!!
I really like you bends, it feels like the strings is snappi´n any time!

oldguy
April 30th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Nice one, Robert! Sounds good 'n groovy. :rockon:

Blaze
April 30th, 2009, 04:53 AM
Good one there Boss !! How do you like buckers now ?

Kazz
April 30th, 2009, 04:54 AM
Robert.....keep in mind this is just my opinion....for what it is worth....

The lead playing is great.....but to me the rhythm sounds a little too happy for the blues.

This is definitely a song that in the end the guy gets the girl and keeps his truck. To me....the blues should be sadder or more angst filled :-)

Robert
April 30th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Haha, thanks Kazz, that is alright. Never thought of it that way. Maybe he gets to keep his hybrid vehicle instead of the truck, hehe.. :)
Blazes, Steffe, Oldguy, thanks a lot for listening, appreciate the comments.

ZMAN
April 30th, 2009, 07:46 AM
NIce Robert. I agree with your comment on the rythm guitar. It could be a little softer and your leads would stand out more.
Keep it as an improv. That way it has more feeling. Then your style comes to the front. Nothing like a little hummbucker tone!

GREENMACHINE
April 30th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Awesome job Robert!
I'm really diggin it ay!

street music
May 3rd, 2009, 01:30 PM
Nice Robert! I just got to listen to it today.

Jimi75
May 7th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Nice development of the entire track. The licks really build up and they are interesting throughout the whole track. I wish I'd find such a good sounding fuzz in reality! That Gearbox is really a cool software and I love that Fuzz in there.

Robert
May 7th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Thanks everyone for listening!

Pickngrin
May 7th, 2009, 03:57 PM
Slick playing! Wish I could play a fraction as well.