PDA

View Full Version : Well I bought a Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus top on ebay

F4DPhantomII
April 29th, 2009, 09:50 AM
For $315 used made by Daewan in China.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270378412929

bigG
April 29th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Congrats, Phantom! I love my Epi LP Standard! Played it against the same Gibson, and, for the money, was very little, if any, difference. Saved big bucks, and the Epi is lighter weight. Good stuff! :bravo:

oldguy
April 29th, 2009, 01:32 PM
Nice one! I love tobacco sunburst................:AOK:

duhvoodooman
April 29th, 2009, 01:35 PM
Nice! I like that tobacco burst color....

M29
April 29th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Sweet deal F4DPhantomII:AOK: All that tobacco sunburst, flamed maple and binding with a case too. Oh...and a tool, we all gots ta have a tool of some sort. :rockon:

M29

ragnarpk
April 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM
i love that stuffed horse just sitting there.

yes.

F4DPhantomII
April 29th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Do the Chinese Epi Les Paul Standard Plus tops have course shanks or smooth? They do use speed knobs or the Les Paul Custom Silverburst.I checked StewMac and Guitar Fetish and they sell them for the Les paul.Just wondering which ones will fit? Thanks for all the responses you too,M29!

sunvalleylaw
April 29th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Looks sweet! Congrats!

bigG
April 30th, 2009, 04:32 AM
Do the Chinese Epi Les Paul Standard Plus tops have course shanks or smooth? They do use speed knobs or the Les Paul Custom Silverburst.I checked StewMac and Guitar Fetish and they sell them for the Les paul.Just wondering which ones will fit? Thanks for all the responses you too,M29!

Man, don't fall into the trap of modding that geetar 'til you get it, hear it and look it over. You might be surprised at how well it's made and how good the stock p/ups are.

Eveybody's on about immediately changing the p/ups to BurstBuckers. Maybe you'll wanna do that, but please judge for yourself. Don't just be a bandwagon jumper onner:)

Myself and a guitar collector/seller friend of mine agree that the stock p/ups are great!

F4DPhantomII
April 30th, 2009, 04:50 AM
Just the knobs.I don't like those cheap looking gold knobs it comes with.

markb
April 30th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Just the knobs.I don't like those cheap looking gold knobs it comes with.

The gold bell knobs on my "new" Dot are impossible to read even in good light. At the jam last night, eek! I'll be changing them for something I can see the numbers on.

F4DPhantomII
May 5th, 2009, 05:09 AM
woo hoo

ZMAN
May 5th, 2009, 06:42 AM
That is interesting most of the people I know change the speed knobs for vintage style. I am surprised that you need to "see" the knobs when playing, but I don't gig and it could be a whole different ball game. I have a mixture of them on my LPS some have them and some don't and I don't really notice when playing.
I have the Epi Elitist Custom LP and it is a killer guitar, it has the speed knobs and it plays amazingly.

Brian Krashpad
May 5th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Congrats! Awaiting pics!