PDA

View Full Version : Introductory Special: New BYOC British Blues Overdrive

duhvoodooman
April 30th, 2009, 12:25 PM
To celebrate the Wed. April 29 release of BYOC's new Marshall Bluesbreaker clone kit, called the "British Blues Overdrive" (BBOD, for short), I'm offering a special introductory deal:

As long as I can sell at least 3 of them (in total, not to one buyer!), I'll offer them for $99 each for a fully finished pedal, plus shipping (~$8 in the ConUS). If you know anything about quality handbuilt effects pedals, you'll recognize that that's an absurdly low price.

This is a great sounding overdrive, considerably more transparent in tone than Tube Screamer type OD's. So if you want to add that edge of grit to your tone (always popular with blues guiatrists!) without coloring it too much otherwise, this pedal is right up your alley. Works equally well with humbuckers and single coils.

Here's what it will look like, except with black knobs and no bezel on the LED:

http://duhvoodooman.com/miscimages/musical/brit_blues/brit_blues_top_2.jpg

So who's in?? Shoot me a PM and get on the inaugural DVM BBOD build list!! :rockon: :dude: :rockon:

duhvoodooman
May 1st, 2009, 10:07 AM
** BUMP-A-ROONY ** :D

Two pedal orders in the bag! Who's going to put us over the top with a third???

C'mon, what we're you planning on using your cash for, anyway? Food?? You could stand to lose a couple of pounds! Mortgage payment?? Nobody bothers making those anymore, from what I've read! Next payment on your Chrysler?? Why bother?!? GET A GENUINE DVM PEDAL INSTEAD!! :poke: :D :AOK: :rockon:

Rocket
May 1st, 2009, 10:21 AM
This is a great sounding overdrive, considerably more transparent in tone than Tube Screamer type OD's.
Audio samples?

duhvoodooman
May 1st, 2009, 10:31 AM
None yet, but maybe this weekend I can get one done. Keith at BYOC often posts YouTube videos of his new kits, but nothing on this one thusfar.

duhvoodooman
May 5th, 2009, 08:18 AM
** LAST CALL!!! **

Kit order going in today....

duhvoodooman
May 7th, 2009, 07:19 AM
My order is in for now, but I'm sure I'll be ordering more of these, based upon the bargain price and how good this little box sounds.

There's a link to a short clip now posted HERE (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=11492).