PDA

View Full Version : Lunchtime acoustic Jam

Mr Grumpy
April 30th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Im taking the plunge into playing tomorrow, a lunchtime jam in my workplace with one of the engineers who is working for me at the minute, fellow guitar nut. He's bringing his epi EJ160 John Lennon acoustic in, Ill take my Ovation and we'll try and knock out a few tunes. Bit nervous, he jams out loads and I havent dared yet. Been practicing things all week!! Its a bit Beatles-centric mind......He's doing the singing too.

Possible songs;

Norwegian wood
Mother Natures son
youve got to hide your love away

Whistle for the choir (The Fratellis)
Resist acoustic (Rush)
Layla acoustic (EC)
I dont want to talk about it (Rod Stewart/EBTG)

No doubt some random 12 bar noodling

Hope it all works out! Next stop, electrics then a big bad jam night :eek:

tjcurtin1
April 30th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Go get 'em, Mr. G! More power to you - I hope you have fun.

luvmyshiner
April 30th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Sounds fun Mr. G. Wish I had some co-workers who played.

sumitomo
April 30th, 2009, 09:06 PM
Have a blast Grumpy and remember to snicker alittle when or if you flub alittle,It's all in good fun enjoy,You are truly luckey to have a co-worker who like to play also.Sumi:D

bigG
May 1st, 2009, 04:52 AM
Have a blast Grumpy and remember to snicker alittle when or if you flub alittle,It's all in good fun enjoy,You are truly luckey to have a co-worker who like to play also.Sumi:D

I agree w sumi, Grumpy. Above all, have fun and don't sweat it:D

Mr Grumpy
May 1st, 2009, 10:46 AM
:bravo: Great fun had - we didnt get through all our list as we compared notes and tips on most of the songs and only (officially) had 30mins but we put mother natures son, hid eyour love away and tears in heaven to bed, I had a shot at broons bane (Rush) which nearly came off well, and we had a nice blues shuffle in A noodle for a bit. HAd some appreciative comments from passers by too. Will do that again. Next stop - jam night. Im going to have nice celebratory beer tonight :beer:

sumitomo
May 1st, 2009, 11:21 PM
That's great Grumpy sounds like you had a great lunch! Sumi:D

guitaraddict
May 11th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Havin fun at work sounds cool to me.

Perfect Stranger
June 17th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Sounds like fun....knock'em dead!