PDA

View Full Version : Bought my new verb today, and I chose...

bigG
May 1st, 2009, 03:21 PM
After much research and consideration, and after having to drop mucho money on a complete new brake job on my car just 2 days ago (talk abt unexpected expenses!), I decided on:

The Digitech Hardwire RV-7 Reverb (w licensed Lexicon onboard!). At $150, it was hard to do after paying for that brake job, but I just couldn't put anything less in front of my Swart. So, I bit the bullet and did the deed! Should make for a VERY nice musical weekend :D

Thanks again for all of your input and suggestions, my friends. Each was considered carefully and fully, I assure you. :bravo: to all who contributed!

Now for a bit of a lie down, as all the over the top expenses of April, and now this great pedal, have warped my fragile little mind...ROCK ON!

Robert
May 1st, 2009, 03:32 PM
Does your amp have an FX loop?

bigG
May 1st, 2009, 04:17 PM
No FX loop. Will be going strait in.

This pedal also solves the problem w the AD50VT not having global verb. Now it does! heheh

Robert
May 1st, 2009, 04:35 PM
I use a LXP-1 by Lexicon, best reverb I've ever had. But it is not designed for being used in front of the amp.

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/guitar_pedals/lexicon_lxp1/

bigG
May 1st, 2009, 05:08 PM
Yes, I see. Yours is a half rack component, and abt 25 yrs old. This pedal sounds AMAZING between the guitar and amp. Takes the Lexicon sound and puts it into a small pedal. How, I don't know, but it works. No noise whatsoever, even when switched on/off - true bypass. And absolutely no hiss or hum that I can hear. Quiet as a mouse...well even quieter :)

I suppose a reverb effect belongs in an FX loop (after the pre-amp), but...well :confused:

bigG
May 1st, 2009, 06:31 PM
Robert,

I took some time to check out the pedal's manual, and there is text and diagrams for both strait in to amp's input and for use in an FX loop. So it can be used either way - the manual doesn't emphasize one as being preferable to the other. :D

Thanks for checking and questioning that. Now we know for sure.

Elijah
August 28th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Just bought the RV-7 a few days back..love it!

bigG
August 28th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Just bought the RV-7 a few days back..love it!

Right on! You certainly have good taste! :poke

I use mine into the front end of my Swart, and it's delicious. Some of the best reverb I've ever heard, onboard or not.