PDA

View Full Version : Say Watt???

just strum
May 1st, 2009, 06:50 PM
200 Watts?

http://www.daddys.com/detail.php?itemNumber=ZTA04139

Spudman
May 1st, 2009, 09:54 PM
That's cool. I didn't know about these. Since they are small they probably don't cost very much? Like a Valve Jr.?

http://www.ztamplifiers.com/lunchbox.html
The Lunchbox is the extraordinary combo amp that launched ZT. Once you see it, you will want to hear it. Once you hear it, you will have to have it. Never before has such power and tone been available in an amp so small. We’re not talking about a practice amp here. In fact, the ZT Lunchbox is already on stage with some of the biggest names in the biz.

The ZT Lunchbox would be astounding at any price, packing seriously good sound, 200 Watts of power and more than 120 dB of sound capability into a tiny box. Unlike any other amp in its class, the Lunchbox has both the muscle and the refinement to handle a live playing situation.

- 200W of output capability.
- Custom ultra-power 6.5” speaker in fully sealed enclosure.
- Pure analog front end, linear supply and Class A/B output stage.
- Very low latency circuit for player responsiveness.
- Vintage-style tone stack response.
- Volume, gain, tone and reverb controls.
- Aux in; Line/Phone and External Cabinet out connections.
- Independent internal speaker mute switch.
- 7.3" x 9.8" x 4.4" / 185mm x 250mm x 112mm.

Designed for portability, personality and flexibility, the Lunchbox is a true “players amp,” at home in any situation. Yes, you can practice, jam, record or gig with a single amp small enough to fit in a backpack. And you will be heard!

Here are some great big pictures.

http://www.ztamplifiers.com/Images/back%20Lunchbox2.jpg
http://www.ztamplifiers.com/Images/lunchbox.jpg

EDIT: I just discovered they are $289 from the manufacturer so Strummy's link is a good deal.

sumitomo
May 1st, 2009, 11:03 PM
Man that's a darn good price,Going to visit Europe no problem pack the lunchbox.There's a couple of youtubes,the harp is pretty good tempting isnt it.Sumi:D Darn Strum why did you post that link to that big daddy's I'm in trouble now:poke: :AOK: :rockon: :dude:

tot_Ou_tard
May 2nd, 2009, 04:10 AM
Yeah, I've read about those before.

I don't need one, but if they sound good I could see how they'd be useful for someone.

ZMAN
May 2nd, 2009, 06:18 AM
You sure it isn't a space heater?

just strum
May 2nd, 2009, 06:21 AM
I think there is a warning on the back that states "Do not perform Peter Townshend strums as amp will become a projectile"

just strum
May 2nd, 2009, 06:59 AM
I never heard of this place that is selling the 200 W amph, but I am making the mistake of looking at what else they have to offer. There are a lot of items at this place and I've just started looking.

http://www.daddys.com/detail.php?itemNumber=FEN1653

Blaze
May 2nd, 2009, 07:16 AM
Reminds you something

http://www.daddys.com/detail.php?itemNumber=BRO12248B

I had a good look at the guitars ,there s some pretty cool one in there ...

ZMAN
May 2nd, 2009, 07:34 AM
Hey cool they have a store in Portland Maine. I will be up that way in the next couple of weeks. I have been to other stores in ME but never heard of that one. I will definitely look it up and report back.

wingsdad
May 2nd, 2009, 07:58 AM
I've heard of Daddy's Junky Music as a friend I collaborate with shops at one of their brick & mortar stores somewhere in the Hartford, CT area.

:eek: At that price, I believe it's a Used piece, along with the other items on the site, that clearly brags on 'the most exciting collection of used instruments on the internet'. Each item is listed with the store it's located at, and this amp is available at their Nashua, NH store.

just strum
May 2nd, 2009, 08:59 AM
They are a big mover of used equipment. I'm not an expert in the pricing arena, but I came across a few things that look like good deals.

Spudman
May 2nd, 2009, 09:05 AM
I've bought from them in the past and paid more for the items than I should have if I would have taken the time to look around. I bought from Daddy's out of convenience because they had it and I needed it quickly. A lot of their stuff is in pretty rough shape so if you do buy from them talk to someone and get a good feel for the item you are interested in. Make sure it works and doesn't have some hidden issues.

just strum
May 2nd, 2009, 09:32 AM
I've bought from them in the past and paid more for the items than I should have if I would have taken the time to look around. I bought from Daddy's out of convenience because they had it and I needed it quickly. A lot of their stuff is in pretty rough shape so if you do buy from them talk to someone and get a good feel for the item you are interested in. Make sure it works and doesn't have some hidden issues.

Used equipment is tough to buy on the net and they really don't supply good photos. My preference would be to go into a store and look, touch, and test the stuff they have for sale.

Looking forward to Z's findings when he has an opportunity to visit one of the stores.

markb
May 2nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
You're not wrong, Strum, the photos are really bad.

piebaldpython
May 6th, 2009, 02:36 PM
I wrote to ZT amps, asking a couple of questions....the VP of Marketing wrote back to me within an hour, saying.......

"To answer your question - the Lunchbox does not have a power soak. Plenty of people are using it in low volume environments - guitar teachers, etc. It sounds good in that setting, however if you're after real overdrive from the gain stage you do need to crank it up a bit. That's what pedals are for, though. But the tone holds up at low or high volume."

I also called Buffalo Bros out in California, so see what they thought of the amp. He said that while he personally hadn't used it, that some other guys in the store did.......they said that it had good clean headroom and took pedals real well.
Harmony Central also has some good reviews on it too. ;)

sumitomo
May 14th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Pulled the trigger,tell ya when it comes.Sumi:D

sumitomo
May 18th, 2009, 04:19 PM
Looks like my new lunch box will be at work tomorrow!Sumi:D

sumitomo
May 19th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Well got my lunchbox pretty cool,for a SS amph it has more fuzzy hiss than some of my tube amphs,but again that is here at work and I should use a filter strip.It is loud for a little sucker and there is lot of clean so pedals should work fine I'll try later at home.My reason for buying this amph,loud small,good package for South America(carry on)maybe a boss me-50 to go with it.Remember the electricity is way funky down there so if a surge wrecks it oh well.Sumi:D

Spudman
May 19th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Congrats on the little brute. When can we hear it?

sumitomo
May 19th, 2009, 04:10 PM
As soon as my 8yr daughter learns how to record on audcity,cause I can't figure it out,heck I'm trying to remember how to post photos.Sumi:D

Spudman
May 19th, 2009, 06:57 PM
As soon as my 8yr daughter learns how to record on audcity,cause I can't figure it out,heck I'm trying to remember how to post photos.Sumi:D

Oh, sorry. I was expecting a time and day and wasn't expecting an excuse.:poke: :D

sumitomo
May 20th, 2009, 09:02 AM
Honestly I cant figure that stuff out and I'm pretty much a loner cause I work 12+ hrs a day but come on down for a visit and show me how I want to learn.Anyway this amph takes pedals well.But in all reality I'd return it if I wasn't taking it to South America,my micro cube isnt noisy and sounds better.So guys I say save your dinero for something better.Sumi:D