PDA

View Full Version : 50-1 shot wins The KY DERBY

street music
May 2nd, 2009, 05:22 PM
What a great story. A horse that was bought for less than $10,000 and the trainer hauled it with his pickup and 2 horse trailer for 21 hours from New Mexico for his first ever try at winning the Derby has blown away horses that cost over a million dollars. I LOVE IT!
The thing is that one of the guys who went to school with me had the same jockey ride his horse to win the Oakes race yesterday. CALVIN BURRELL is a great jockey, I use to be in the horse idustry and grew riding horses so I still get pumped over such races.

mcgreggor57
May 2nd, 2009, 05:49 PM
There's nothing quite like Derby time in Louisville. After partying for 2 weeks, things will begin to get back to normal Monday as we turn our attention toward Summer.

Blaze
May 2nd, 2009, 06:13 PM
Here's the race ...

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30538272/

Kazz
May 2nd, 2009, 06:58 PM
the cbs link is choppy...the youtube is much betterPs5CdMduw5s

The backstretch run is just amazing.....I have never seen a horse increase the lead like that....much less a 50-1 shot

Tone2TheBone
May 2nd, 2009, 09:32 PM
Hooray for a hometown horse!

just strum
May 3rd, 2009, 05:31 AM
The only horse race I ever attended was in 1973. I went to see the victory run of Secretariat at the Kentucky Derby.

I was in Downtown Cleveland doing my typical partying that I would do back in those days. At the end of the night I climbed into a vehicle and when I woke up, I was crawling out of the vehicle which had parked on a lawn of a nearby campus.

Ahh, those were the days.