PDA

View Full Version : Just back from a great gig...

Lev
May 3rd, 2009, 07:23 PM
We played an awsome gig tonight, the crowd were dancing all night and when we finished they were shouting for one more song. We did everything from Duran Duran to Johnny Cash. I made a few mistakes but it was one of those nights where no one cared about mistakes, there was just a great vibe. We learned from our previous gigs to keep the set fluid rather than sticking with a predefined set list, that way as soon as we saw people dancing we kept the tempo up.

One of those nights that make it all worth while. Off to bed now, good night!

markb
May 3rd, 2009, 07:26 PM
Good stuff, Lev. I'll take vibe over total accuracy any day (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;) ).

Katastrophe
May 3rd, 2009, 07:28 PM
Sweet, Lev! May all your gigs be as fun.

Spudman
May 3rd, 2009, 09:27 PM
Great. I'm glad you had a good gig. May you have many more to come.:beer:

sunvalleylaw
May 3rd, 2009, 10:26 PM
Great! Glad to hear about your fun night!

bigG
May 4th, 2009, 04:17 AM
Great Lev! When a gig goes that well, it leaves you feeling on top of the world, eh! No other feeling quite like it! :beer:

oldguy
May 4th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Good job, Lev! Reading the crowd makes a big difference when it comes to making a good night a great night.

tot_Ou_tard
May 4th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Good stuff, Lev. I'll take vibe over total accuracy any day (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;) ). Me too!

Fantastic Lev! Do you remember the set list?

Robert
May 4th, 2009, 07:07 AM
Good to hear! What is your favourite tune your band plays?

Lev
May 4th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Good to hear! What is your favourite tune your band plays?

I Will Follow by U2 from their first album Boy is a blast to play. Last night we added some new tunes to our set including Stuck in the Middle by Steelers Wheels & Devil Inside by INXS both of which worked really well. We did Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran last night also which was a lot of fun. It works really well with a heavier guitar tone on the main riff and I got to use the space station effect on my EX7 for the middle section.

We've another gig next Sunday, really looking forward to it. Also I was really happy with my tone last night, I think I've finally find the right eq settings for playing at gig volume.

Brian Krashpad
May 5th, 2009, 07:01 AM
Sounds great! What was the place you played like? Any pics? I luvs me some pics.

Plank_Spanker
May 5th, 2009, 04:29 PM
Lev is getting out amongst 'em and spreading the joy...................:rockon: