PDA

View Full Version : AKA - Yes plus Toto

Spudman
May 4th, 2009, 06:03 PM
From DPRP:

AKA: Former Toto singer Bobby Kimball has teamed up with some Yes alumni for AKA:

I would like to let everyone know that my new band, named "AKA" with some of my great friends are working on a CD at the moment, getting ready for a tour of the world. The members are Tony Kaye (original keyboardist from "Yes"), Billy Sherwood (Guitar player/singer/producer with "Yes"), Jimmy Haun (Guitarist on the "Union" CD from "Yes"), and Jay Schellen on drums, also presently the drummer with "Asia-JP". The CD is coming along great, and has so many elements from Toto/Yes/and Circa in the music.

I sincerely apologize about the Italian Tour that was advertised, but didn't happen. I can assure you it was a problem with the Promoter, and not the band. I'll be announcing many dates very soon. We will be in Europe during Oct.-Nov., but our agent is working on dates for us in the USA, South America, The Far East, and hopefully somewhere near anyone who is reading this post.

It's a great band, and a lot of fun for all of us. I do hope you'll come out and join us for some familiar and non-familiar music soon. I promise you have a great time listening to this band. My best to you all, and be watching the page for some music clips and new pictures of the band.................Bobby
http://www.dprp.net/news/2009/2009_18/aka.jpg

Robert
May 4th, 2009, 10:07 PM
I love Bobby Kimball! What a great vocalist. I wanna hear AKA. I think they will "Raka"!

Spudman
May 5th, 2009, 07:22 AM
I love Bobby Kimball! What a great vocalist. I wanna hear AKA. I think they will "Raka"!

Yes.:D (that's a joke too)

I have Bobby on a Ryo Okyumoto album that also has Jeff Beck on it and he sings fabulously. I do like his voice too. It will be interesting to see what he comes up with playing with these prog folks.