PDA

View Full Version : Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Blue

tot_Ou_tard
May 5th, 2009, 06:06 AM
mYFaPx0XtUE

sumitomo
May 5th, 2009, 07:59 AM
That's a great sounding pedal Tot,but I guess if a tube went out on it you would have to send it in to have it changed.I guess the tubes are like the ones in the z-vex amps.Some of our amp/pedal guys could change em but not the average joe.Sumi:D

tot_Ou_tard
May 6th, 2009, 05:16 AM
That's a great sounding pedal Tot,but I guess if a tube went out on it you would have to send it in to have it changed.I guess the tubes are like the ones in the z-vex amps.Some of our amp/pedal guys could change em but not the average joe.Sumi:D Yup. Itty, bitty, teeny, tiny tubes that require soldering rather than using pins.

This dude made an amp out of a 6111 subminiature tube (same one the Twin Tube Blue uses).

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3637/3291492763_97017980b9.jpg?v=0

I think that this is a 6021W

http://amps.zugster.net/images/articles/submini/6021-1-small.jpg

thats the same kind that are in the Twin Tube Classic.

sumitomo
May 6th, 2009, 08:02 AM
Those little amphs sound great too!!!Sumi:D

tot_Ou_tard
May 6th, 2009, 04:05 PM
Those little amphs sound great too!!!Sumi:D
I always wondered. Have you played through one? It's a little too boutique for Roach.

sumitomo
May 7th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Put some clean boost in front into any cab and wow.Sumi:D

tot_Ou_tard
May 8th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Put some clean boost in front into any cab and wow.Sumi:D
Is it Marshally or something else?

duhvoodooman
May 8th, 2009, 08:44 AM
The privilege of ownership requires some significant coinage, but that's an outstanding sounding pedal. Of course, they always sound good when these pro's play them through premium equipment and the results are professionally recorded....

tot_Ou_tard
May 10th, 2009, 05:29 AM
The privilege of ownership requires some significant coinage, but that's an outstanding sounding pedal. Of course, they always sound good when these pro's play them through premium equipment and the results are professionally recorded....
Yep, yep, yep, & yep.

So how about shelling out that coinage so we can a have a review untainted by professionalism & premium gear. ;)