PDA

View Full Version : Quick sample clip--BYOC British Blues Overdrive

duhvoodooman
May 6th, 2009, 06:35 PM
I never seem to have any time to record clips these days, so here's link to a quickie I dashed off with the new BYOC British Blues Overdrive (Marshall Bluesbreaker clone). This is recorded with my Epi Elitist LP Std. (both pickups, but the bridge mixed higher) into Line 6 Gearbox emulation software. Amp model is a Hiwatt 100W head, set up clean with just a bit of reverb and slapback echo. Gain on the pedal is about 2/3 and the tone setting is flat. Starts with a short rhythm part played clean and then with the BBOD, followed by a little single-note lead riff, first clean and then dirty. The pedal adds a nice warm crunch to humbuckers without getting muddy at all. I'll try to get something posted with a Strat, too....

http://www.box.net/shared/cjgf9iqley

oldguy
May 6th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Sounds nice, Vood! Looking forward to those Strat clips too.:AOK:

mrmudcat
May 6th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Yes if ya can to the strat clips .......sounds good though.

piebaldpython
May 6th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Oh man......I just drooled all over my keyboard listening to that clip. AWESOME sound. Might be your best clip yet!!
Is it your considered opinion, DVM, that between the OD2 and the BBOD, that a blues/slide guy will have all the overdrive and mild distortion that he will ever need??
X-mas in May at the PBP household.

Jimi75
May 7th, 2009, 12:45 AM
Sounds great, real beefy! :AOK:

Blaze
May 7th, 2009, 04:55 AM
Cool DVM ,sounds British indeed !

Send one to me , i'll make you a half an hour demo clip:D

Suhnton
May 7th, 2009, 05:49 AM
Ooh sounds good, nice and warm.

duhvoodooman
May 7th, 2009, 07:23 AM
While this pedal seems to sound particularly good w/ 'buckers, I like it with single coils, too. Its greater transparency compared to TS-type overdrives is more evident with that type of pickup. Both of my Strats and my Tele sound great with it.