PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Hero Reality Show Coming?

R_of_G
May 8th, 2009, 06:09 AM
This is simply ridiculous. I know that this video game is wildly popular. I will spare you guys my rant about it, but let's just say I'm firmly in the camp that thinks it's time that could be wasted playing an actual instrument. That said, the idea of there being a tv show of people playing this game is the most ludicrous thing I have ever heard. How about some tv time for actual live music by actual musicians. It's nice that VH1 Classic plays some of the old live music tv shows (though they play the same ones over and over and over again) but what about new shows? I know I would rather watch real live music than somebody playing a video game.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/televisionNews/idUKTRE5470VK20090508

ragnarpk
May 8th, 2009, 04:00 PM
I will spare you guys my rant about it, but let's just say I'm firmly in the camp that thinks it's time that could be wasted playing an actual instrument.

...just like time spent playing Super Mario is time that could be wasted actually smashing blocks and jumping on goombas. I was gonna pick up my Metroid game the other day, too, but instead decided to go to outer space and blast things with my varia suit.

markb
May 8th, 2009, 04:12 PM
Aaaaaarrrrgggghhh! And to think people ask me why I don't have a tv.

R_of_G
May 8th, 2009, 04:53 PM
...just like time spent playing Super Mario is time that could be wasted actually smashing blocks and jumping on goombas.

Brilliant. :AOK:

ragnarpk
May 9th, 2009, 12:45 PM
haha.. but yea i gotta agree though, a reality show about it... o_O

Rocket
May 9th, 2009, 01:26 PM
Guitar Hero Reality Show Coming?
Ugggh!
This should say it all... added to the long list of "no talent, no problem" arse-clowns:

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2008/01/Paris%20Guitar%20Hero.jpg

sunvalleylaw
May 9th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Is she hanging at the Hard Rock with one of those? Yikes!

Rocket
May 9th, 2009, 04:18 PM
It's hard enough to believe that Gibson would sully their historical name & logo on all that flash-in-the-pan garbage:

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2008/03/gibson-guitar-hero-3-logo.jpg

markb
May 9th, 2009, 04:38 PM
It's hard enough to believe that Gibson would sully their historical name & logo on all that flash-in-the-pan garbage:

Oh, I don't know. They did this, what cred could they possibly have left?

http://images.hugi.is/hljodfaeri/122245.jpg

ragnarpk
May 9th, 2009, 04:39 PM
we fear what we don't understand. the times are changing, boys, and flash-in-the-pan or not, its a full blown cultural phenomenon. any company would wanna associate their logo with guitar hero, and i can fully understand them.

Rocket
May 9th, 2009, 05:09 PM
...any company would wanna associate their logo with guitar hero...
I'll doubt that... (even if I must stand alone.)

tot_Ou_tard
May 10th, 2009, 06:55 AM
... added to the long list of "no talent, no problem" arse-clowns:
& I thought the sight of all those clowns coming out of a little car was funny.

R_of_G
May 10th, 2009, 08:35 AM
we fear what we don't understand. the times are changing, boys, and flash-in-the-pan or not, its a full blown cultural phenomenon. any company would wanna associate their logo with guitar hero, and i can fully understand them.

No doubt, corporations are in business to make money and they follow trends.

But the questions at hand are

(A) whether or not a video game, however popular, warrants a television show featuring people playing the game, and

(B) how vapid must someone be who would watch said television show?

I readily admit that I love sports-based video games but I would not watch people play EA Sports Hockey on tv when I could watch actual hockey played by real human beings. The same should go for music.

There are far too few opportunities for music fans to watch live music performed on network television. To think that people would rather watch somebody play a game that triggers the playing of a studio recording of a song rather than hearing an actual band play actual music is disturbing in several ways.

Rocket
May 10th, 2009, 02:55 PM
...how vapid must someone be who would watch said television show?
+1... (or jejune even!)

Spudman
May 10th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Personally I'd rather watch the Japanese TV shows where they do funny things to people when they are going potty.

Childbride
May 10th, 2009, 06:44 PM
+1... (or jejune even!)

i concur.