PDA

View Full Version : Two Vs Nature evening jam

Robert
May 8th, 2009, 09:05 PM
This one is a first take! Went with the first tone I had loaded in GearBox. A quickie, you could say. I let the guitar sound dictate my playing style.

Two Vs Nature - Robert Renman wanky-wank (http://www.box.net/shared/786z3de8ra)

Thanks a lot to Red Ant on TGP for providing this one!

piebaldpython
May 8th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Definitely, a different "style" for you. BRAVO, it sounded really good. You made excellent use of pauses in your playing too. Sounded a bit Robben Ford-ish (that's a good thing :D ). What, pray tell, F/S did you use in GearBox to get your tone.

Robert
May 8th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Thanks man. I used the Line 6 Piezacoustic 2 amp model, 2x12 1987 Jazz Clean cab model, and for pedal models: Screamer, Compressor, EQ, Delay and Reverb. Yikes, that's a lot of thingamajigs, ain't it!

I used my Michael Kelly Patriot Shadow to get that fat humbucker tone.

sunvalleylaw
May 8th, 2009, 11:37 PM
That was cool Robert! I love Steely Dan, and like your take on the concept.

tjcurtin1
May 9th, 2009, 11:01 AM
Robert, great to hear you playing something so different - and of course, doing it so well! I really like this -

Blaze
May 9th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Cool , Alberta Boy , nice to see that you enjoy Humbuckers more every day, you sure make them sound good ..

Also nice to see what you have done with your winning prize ,congrats on your playin, phrasing and that cool tone ..

Robert
May 9th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Thanks, guys, glad you like it!

fensonpaulcaster
May 9th, 2009, 10:03 PM
wow very nice i sure wish i could play such an improv mode that well its such a weird mix of pentatonic and harmonic minor....or thats what i'm hearing at least lol

give me someimte and i'll put some of my smooth jazz on here...just gotta get my recording system to work...... :thwap: