PDA

View Full Version : Rod Piazza and the Mighty Flyers

birv2
May 9th, 2009, 11:32 PM
Just heard these guys live last night in Arden, DE.

Wow. What a show. Easily one of the best live blues bands I've seen. Incredibly tight, and each member of the band was absolutely ace but supported the whole band.

I was especially impressed by the guitarist, Henry Carvajal. GREAT playing -- west coast blues, lots of jump and swing. Played a partscaster through a Twin, no pedals except for a boost of some sort. Had Don Mare pickups. Anyway, I've got a new guitar hero.

If you get the chance to see this band, they're a great show. Don't pass them up.

http://www.themightyflyers.com/

Rx Tone
May 10th, 2009, 02:17 AM
Oh yeah...red hot.
I believe his wife is the KB player.

birv2
May 10th, 2009, 09:32 AM
Oh yeah...red hot.
I believe his wife is the KB player.
That's correct. They have no bass player -- she plays the bass line with her left hand. She's a terrific player and took 2 extended solos. Duets, actually, since it was her and the drummer.

Blaze
May 10th, 2009, 10:46 AM
zCMhWm4oFBA

birv2
May 10th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Great clip, Blaze! They're all in top form and having a good time.

Now what I need is a teacher or a DVD to teach me to play that kind of guitar. Not sure what it's called, kind of a west coast swing jump Scottie Moore kind of thang....

Bob

msteeln
May 10th, 2009, 11:25 PM
RP&TMF have a looong history of being an excellant band, and which employs top notch guitarists. The late great Hollywood Fats is an allum from the late '70s.