PDA

View Full Version : Sick singer, I have to jump in...

Jimi75
May 12th, 2009, 08:35 AM
Something's not right here. We have this great Blues band and unfortunately our singer split with his wife (children involved and a new built house) about 3 months ago. From there on you could see him losing ground under his feet, now all this physical issues come up, back hurts, sinuses etc...tough situation for us. We have a very important gig on saturday and only today he let us know that he can not play the gig with us due to sickness. Wow, pretty early announcement for cancelling a gig that will be on saturday, I mean who knows what he feels like on saturday...anyways there's definitely more reason than just a cough or a cold or a hurting back, so I wrote him a super nice email and said that it would be great if he let us know what his stand/condition of mind and body is and what the possible effect on the band could be...I hope he get his issues together and celebrates a nice comeback. For this saturday I will jump in and a friend (still a kid with his 23 years) of our drummer. I know that I will definitely not have the time to learn the lyrics and I count on a "drunk" audience that doesn't care about the lyrics *hahahaha* Please cross your fingers for us, we will rehearse tomorrow and on friday before the gig, I don't know what is gonna happen, but this will surely be an adventure or shall we call it Da Blues?

Rocket
May 12th, 2009, 08:51 AM
It's all part of that dance called "tightrope waltzing in swim fins!"
I can recall many "band" tales that I'll opt not to relate for fear of terrorizing the optimistic youth.