PDA

View Full Version : Good cheap delay pedal?

birv2
May 12th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I'm looking to add a bit of delay. By a bit I mean not U2 or rockabilly. I'm just wanting a bit to warm up my blues playing and give it a bit more depth.

Cheap -- under $40. Can this be done? I'm looking at the Fab Echo and some other cheapies.

Thanks in advance,
Bob

Robert
May 12th, 2009, 11:28 AM
FAB echo would be the cheapest I think.

tunghaichuan
May 12th, 2009, 11:53 AM
You also might try to find a DOD DFX9 Digital Delay. I bought one off of Craigslist for $40 a while back. There are also the FX90 and FX96 Analog delays. People have discovered the FX90 and '96 so the prices are going up, but you may be lucky and find one cheap on Craigslist.

tung

schenkadere
May 12th, 2009, 01:52 PM
You also might try to find a DOD DFX9 Digital Delay. I bought one off of Craigslist for $40 a while back. There are also the FX90 and FX96 Analog delays. People have discovered the FX90 and '96 so the prices are going up, but you may be lucky and find one cheap on Craigslist.

tung

+1

or the Dano PB & J.

markb
May 12th, 2009, 03:07 PM
If you like your delays dark and analogue sounding, you might try a Belcat (sometimes Crossfire) delay. Not bad for about US$20. There's been a lot of good stuff about the First Act delay (Walmart or Toys'r'us) at about $40 too.

Mr Grumpy
May 12th, 2009, 03:26 PM
I have a Dano Dan echo which I got off ebay for £25UK, around $38USD, Immaculate condition very warm and versatile, with a short/long delay toggle switch too. I have a thing for these big Dano pedals.

ibanezjunkie
May 16th, 2009, 03:14 PM
i have the marshall echohead, it has 6 delay models on it and i think i paid about £50GPB for it.

its got like hi-fi reverb/delay on it, which is good if you want a deeper reverb sound. and reverse delay and tape echo for a more 70s/80s ballad kinda sound.

good for RATM too :dude:

Rocket
May 16th, 2009, 09:40 PM
"Good" and "cheap" rarely go hand in hand... cheap is usually just cheap.

ibanezjunkie
May 17th, 2009, 05:42 AM
the marshall echohead, in my opinion, is more versatile that the BOSS DD. and usually cheaper too.

birv2
May 31st, 2009, 03:20 PM
I bought a Danecho from someone on the gearpage. $30. I should be getting it this week. Looks like it might be just what I'm hankering for.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

schenkadere
June 8th, 2009, 08:15 AM
The Ibanez DE7 is highly regarded and only around 70 bucks.

sunvalleylaw
June 8th, 2009, 09:39 AM
The Ibanez DE7 is highly regarded and only around 70 bucks. I wish that one had a tap tempo option or mod, and I would likely be in. I would like a tap tempo equipped delay to add to my MXR. I am keeping my eye out for the smaller version of Spud's Line6 M13 stompbox modeler that is reportedly coming out. That unit could add that delay, and a coupla other effects that I would maybe dedicate to end of chain or effects loop oriented stuff.

birv2
June 8th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Got the DanEcho, and it does look like it's just what I need. Tap tempo isn't something I really need at the moment.