PDA

View Full Version : Old guys can shred too

Spudman
August 4th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Check it out brother fretters. Even if you are of age to collect Social Security there is still hope.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3357006920437652568&q=label%3Ashred

Mark
August 4th, 2006, 02:16 PM
On my best day even after 10 cups of coffee, massive doses of amphetamine, two bottles of geritol and months of practice will my fifty one year old digits move that fast. I bet that guy can play some really tasty stuff if he can do that at his age. You know while I marvel at people who can shred there is a point where the speed just doesnt convey the soul of the music being played. Once the wow factor is gone its kinda over for me. I havent found any examples of shredding (not that I listen to many examples)that make me want to listen once the amazement has ended. But then Im just a dinosaur. I know I could not handle a two hour concert of say Ingred Mowmstien....speilt rong on porpise LOL.

SuperSwede
August 4th, 2006, 02:20 PM
*ahem* he was fast for sure, but he could benefit from practice for another 50+ years. I couldnt hear too many clear tones at all. Not a real Ingrid Malmsten.

Cranium
August 4th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Age has nothing to do with playing fast or anything, as long as your healthy it doesn't matter how old you are, at least thats what I think, also he didn't play it all that clean but I probably can't play it at half speed myself :o (or can I...).