PDA

View Full Version : Vox Night Train

Robert
May 13th, 2009, 03:52 PM
This amps looks oh so cool.

Who's tried one? I have heard a lot of good comments about it.

The Night Train features a Pentode/Triode switch to take the output from 15 watts to 7 watts for smaller gigs, late night practice, or mellow studio sessions. The Bright/Thick switch changes the tonality and the gain structure of your tone. Bright mode is classic Vox, chimey and gorgeous. Thick mode bypasses the EQ section and throws your guitar straight at the power amp for mid-heavy, chest thumping overdrive.

vxL04_EKUdI
vMLWRR6LBfg

sumitomo
May 13th, 2009, 05:07 PM
I
I haven't tried it but Fargen already has mods.Sumi:D

sumitomo
May 13th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I read where one guy sold all his big watt amphs and his stage setup is a nightrain for the cleaner and a tiny terror for the dirt.Sumi:D

Jimi75
May 14th, 2009, 01:36 AM
All clips I heard so far kicked major a**! Isn't it funny that the music industry only now rediscovers the beauty of a small wattage tube amph? The Nighttrain seems to be the perfect tool for sessions and gigs in smaller clubs. Plus this little thing got the looks, too!

marnold
May 14th, 2009, 08:45 AM
In that first video that's the first time I've heard a triode mode that I thought actually sounded cool.

ibanezjunkie
May 14th, 2009, 09:47 AM
i played one when i was on work experience in the guitar shop

sounds great in both modes, starts to break up at about 3 o'clock on the volume dial, great tube response, small and powerful. hell loud. sounds great through a 2x12 or a 4x12.

in many ways similar to the tiny terror.

FrankenFretter
May 14th, 2009, 02:00 PM
Great. Now I have Night Train GAS...:thwap: