PDA

View Full Version : Bad news?! My solo's not in the MTV video...

Jimi75
May 14th, 2009, 02:27 AM
Puhhhh....that's the real business reality and how the big part of the music industry works nowadays. You might remember my thread and how happy I was about that solo I played for the song some friends made and that the video was supposed to appear on MTV with my solo in it? No gloating here please... The record company made the decision to publish the initial remixed track as the first single and to print our original version now on the cd as the remix track (I can imagine they feared the kids would not be buying the real instrument version). Somehow this gives me a good laugh watching the guys in the video play drum & guitar and you only hear a synthie....

I think it's still a good success to be part of a good b-side anyways :AOK:
...as long as my name is on the cd....hahahahahahha.....:whatever:

Here's the video:
http://vimeo.com/4511438

Suhnton
May 14th, 2009, 03:07 AM
Wow, a mahogany banjo!

That's too bad Jimi. At least your version can still be heard on the CD, and I'm sure there'll be other opportunities to display your guitar-playing prowess.

mrmudcat
May 14th, 2009, 03:21 AM
Brother we know the real deal...................:rockon:

Robert
May 14th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Ahh, that sucks.

hubberjub
May 14th, 2009, 07:26 AM
Sorry to hear that man. Most MTV viewers wouldn't be able to appreciate a good guitar solo anymore. I'm glad to hear it made the CD though.

wingsdad
May 14th, 2009, 07:48 AM
You were so elated with the news of this gig...so sorry to hear this disheartening news, amigo :(

Puhhhh....that's the real business reality and how the big part of the music industry works nowadays. ...
If it's any consolation, Jimi, I can tell you from personal experience that it's been :messedup: this way for at least 33 years:whatever:

...I think it's still a good success to be part of a good b-side anyways :AOK:

Believe it :AOK: And keep on believing in yourself, Jimi. You still caught a break here, making connections. It's truly a matter of being in the right place at the right time, of who you know...many times, regardless, I'm afraid to an extent, of what you know.

...as long as my name is on the cd....hahahahahahha.....:whatever:

Seriously, that's gonna depend on the egos of the artists and producers you worked for, and their managers and lawyers, and the 'record' company.

But no matter what, they can't take what you did, your accomplishment, away from you, away from your heart of hearts.:)

sumitomo
May 14th, 2009, 08:39 AM
Bummer Jimi,but I see you got a good role in the video giving the girl a backrub!!! Sumi:D

marnold
May 14th, 2009, 08:42 AM
I'd be interested in hearing the remix version with the Jimi solo. Although to be perfectly honest I would only listen to that kind of music to hear that solo :)

I still thing it's cool that you're going to be on the remix.

I hear it's the summer.

sunvalleylaw
May 14th, 2009, 09:22 AM
Bummer for sure. Oh well, maybe there will be a grassroots uprising among the target audience that discusses on facebook or twitter or wherever that the remix is the better cut.