PDA

View Full Version : Dnoum--happy Bday Strummy!!!

Childbride
May 14th, 2009, 05:20 PM
[do not open until monday]

breaking from all tradition,

Strummy gets a 'weekend headstart birthday thread'...

Strum... to one of the first three forum members i ever 'spoke' to [albeit on a different forum]... to a dear friend... and to an all-around great guy...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM THE SHINERS!!! :D :beer: :pancake: :wave:

we hope that you have a wonderful day!

===========

[we're gone until tuesday for Baby Girl's graduation from ku and i couldn't stand to not be the one to start your thread...]

Robert
May 14th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Happy Strum Day! Hope you don't end up like Dalai Lama...

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8635/happybirthday001me2.jpg

Blaze
May 14th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Sexy is'n she ?

A 1962 dream baby .

A good one to you Strum..

http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/36834a0cb9bde8df7.jpg

Evil_Blaze :D :rotflmao: :beer:

Spudman
May 14th, 2009, 06:46 PM
Happy Birthday Strummy.

In keeping with the theme I got you the same thing we got the Dalai Lama.

Here it is. (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=11596)

mrmudcat
May 14th, 2009, 08:05 PM
HBD BROTHER

Sure C.B. forget me and give strummy all the mojo a few days earlier;) :rotflmao: (teasing dear I know you had life to deal with as do so many others)

Childbride
May 14th, 2009, 08:10 PM
HBD BROTHER

Sure C.B. forget me and give strummy all the mojo a few days earlier;) :rotflmao: (teasing dear I know you had life to deal with as do so many others)

[taking break from packing]

Muddy, i'm still castigating myself for that... :cry: :thwap: :messedup: i'll start yours a whole week ahead next year. how's that? :D :D :D

piebaldpython
May 14th, 2009, 08:18 PM
HBD Strum.......here's to hoping you get some birthday relief for your GAS pains. :beer:

Rocket
May 14th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Again! Didn't we just do this last year? Strum... I can't believe I've seen you through 5 of these! Ugh...

Fugit inreparabile tempus... felicem diem natalem!

mrmudcat
May 14th, 2009, 08:33 PM
[taking break from packing]

Muddy, i'm still castigating myself for that... :cry: :thwap: :messedup: i'll start yours a whole week ahead next year. how's that? :D :D :D

Yea im packed out.............the gig is up I could see(as my angel) an inventory of guitars as soon as I started pulling them from hiding places.Talk about cold arse looks ,im thinking she's thinking this is gonna cost ya...but its all good! Ok strum this is the beer girls cue:AOK: Just crop the pic of the blonde pearl necklace girl and lets get the party strarted!!:rockon:

tjcurtin1
May 14th, 2009, 08:36 PM
Mark - best wishes for another year of gittar playin'!

sunvalleylaw
May 14th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Hmm, I am not normally a give the wish early guy. But in this case, have a great B-day Sir Strummy! :pancake: :beer:

street music
May 15th, 2009, 04:50 AM
You mean someone that old still has birthdays?????:rotflmao:
HAPPY B-DAY ole STRUMMY!:pancake:

tot_Ou_tard
May 15th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Extra meds for Strum today.

Can someone help him out of his rocker & walk him to the computer so that
he can read these greetings?

Bring a rag, he tends to drool.

marnold
May 15th, 2009, 07:44 AM
HBD, Strummy! Enjoy your sprinkles.

Gil Janus
May 15th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Happy Birthday Strum - may you have a really good one.

Remember you can play as long and as loud as you want on your birthday. :D :bravo: :beer:

Gil :cool:

ted s
May 15th, 2009, 08:53 AM
Happy Birthday Mark ! Here's a little sumpin'sumpin
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/shana88/1-fat-birthday-l.jpg

sumitomo
May 15th, 2009, 09:52 AM
I'm waiting till Monday,but have a great weekend.Ted what are you trying to do make the man ill.Sumi:D

tot_Ou_tard
May 15th, 2009, 10:22 AM
Happy Birthday Mark ! Here's a little sumpin'sumpin
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f25/shana88/1-fat-birthday-l.jpg
Brian got sprinkles on his birthday. ;)

ted s
May 15th, 2009, 10:31 AM
Ted what are you trying to do make the man ill.Sumi:D
What ? that cake has smarties on it !? :D

just strum
May 15th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks everyone. I'm at work so I cannot see the pics except the one Blaze's posted (of course, it has magic powers).

I will be leaving for West Virginia at about 5:30 AM on Monday and spend the entire week there.

sumitomo
May 15th, 2009, 12:27 PM
That's a good thing,unless you have a thing for the Michelin man's daughter!Sumi:D

just strum
May 15th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Ted, that is just wrong in so many ways.

bigG
May 15th, 2009, 03:36 PM
Happy Birthday, strum! Have a great one :rockon:

piebaldpython
May 15th, 2009, 05:29 PM
West Virginia???? Geez Louise.....the banjos are playing the Deliverance soundtrack in my head and I can see Ned Beatty clear as day. :rotflmao: Watch your back Strum! :D

OK, if anyone on the Forum here is from West Va, I apologize.

ted s
May 15th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Mark, if some guy tells you got a pretty mouth, or, squeal like pig.. run Forest run.

Blaze
May 15th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Here some more Blaze magic for your birthday..

Hocus Pocus (http://www.thefret.net/imagehosting/36834a0cb9bde8df7.jpg)

oldguy
May 15th, 2009, 07:19 PM
See 'ya in two days Mark............maybe three................

Do not open your Happy Birfday wishes 'till then..............:D

M29
May 15th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Happy Birthday Mark:rockon:

Kazz
May 16th, 2009, 04:52 AM
Happy early....or will it be belated by the time you get it lol....have fun in West Virginia.....after Thursday we are headed to Myrtle Beach for a week of fun in the sun.

wingsdad
May 16th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Yo, strummy :D
I didn't want to be too early and jinx it, but since you're off to WV on you birthday, I better get on the bandwagon b4 it's 2 late:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :dude:

Sorry. I didn't win the Chris Isaak Dot for ya...

evenkeel
May 16th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Happy Birthday Mr. Strummy. :bravo:

Not much time to post of late, but could not let Strums B-Day pass bye. :beer:

markb
May 16th, 2009, 02:46 PM
Happy Birthday, Strum!

just strum
May 17th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Well, hit the road at 5:00 AM'ish

thanks for the early wishes and I'll be checking in.

bigoldron
May 17th, 2009, 06:40 PM
West Virginia???? Geez Louise.....the banjos are playing the Deliverance soundtrack in my head and I can see Ned Beatty clear as day. :rotflmao: Watch your back Strum! :D

OK, if anyone on the Forum here is from West Va, I apologize.

W.Va. folks will be po'ed with you, because the movie actually takes place in Georgia! BUT, that's in NORTH GEORGIA, not SOUTHWEST GEORGIA, where I'm from. But, there's still plenty of banjo pickers around here... :whatever:

BTW, Happy Birthday, you bald headed old fart! :rotflmao:

oldguy
May 17th, 2009, 06:45 PM
Happy Birthday, Mark!

(You're not old, but 'yer older than me.)
Check your PM's...........

duhvoodooman
May 17th, 2009, 07:08 PM
HBD, Strummy!! :AOK: :dude: :beer: :rockon:

R_of_G
May 17th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Happy Birthday Mark!

sumitomo
May 18th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Happy Birthday Strum,have a great day and take it easy on the Michelin man's daughter!!!! Sumi:D

Monkus
May 18th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Happy Birthday Strum !!! :beer:

just strum
May 18th, 2009, 03:57 PM
What a day.

2:30 AM my daughter wakes us up and tells us she is sick and has severe pain in her lower back - trip to emergency room, it's kidney stones.

Jump in the car at 6:45 AM and drive 6 hours.

I'm tired and hungry, with little energy to go out and get something.

Anyway - thanks again everyone.

Childbride
May 18th, 2009, 05:39 PM
What a day.

2:30 AM my daughter wakes us up and tells us she is sick and has severe pain in her lower back - trip to emergency room, it's kidney stones.

Jump in the car at 6:45 AM and drive 6 hours.

I'm tired and hungry, with little energy to go out and get something.

Anyway - thanks again everyone.

[ouch... hope she gets to feeling better! :( ]

Strummy, we're back. sending official bday wishes on the 'proper' day... and from BG as well. :D

luvmyshiner
May 18th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Damn Strummy, she's way to young to be having kidney stones. Hope everything turns out ok.

Oh yeah, happy birthday my friend.

sumitomo
May 18th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Sorry to hear about your daughter's stones,I hear they are very painful.I had a kidney removed 2yrs ago and it was done in South America,I learned alot from that doctor down there,The killers refined sugar and processed foods,our lungs,kidneys and liver are filters and store that crap up over years well it builds up affects some sooner than others.I have been juicing and eating greens for over two years now,yea I cheat with ice cream and such but for the most part eat right,anyway I feel great better than I did when I was 30.An old treatment for stones and I use this all the time is to and the spelling is wrong is to pureray asparagus and do two tablespoons in the morning and at night and always hydrate all day.You should drink lots of water anyway and I suggest alkaline water thats all I drink,a quart first thing in the morning cleans you out good after you get your body used to it.It took me over 1 yr to detox and clean my body out because it should be done slowly and not harshly.Anyway just passing something I learned,I meet people in South America and have seen what there diet is veggies,greens,fruits,some meat and they are healthy and over 100 and are very active plus their lives are not as stressful as ours.I'll stop there.I hope this helps if not well you learned something new.Sumi:D

bigoldron
May 19th, 2009, 07:15 PM
Mark, she's in our prayers! Hope everything works out OK!

mrmudcat
May 19th, 2009, 07:48 PM
That is rough brother mojo prayers fo-sho:beer:

piebaldpython
May 20th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Oh man......nothing worse when you are 100's of miles away from your kid when they get sick.
As to the kidney stones....I can still feel the searing pain ripping through me on that cold day in November 1992. Oh yeah, that is a PAIN that you don't soon forget.
Tell her drink lots of water and there's stuff she should avoid. Her doc will tell her that. The big surprise as to what to avoid is ICED TEA.
Hope Nicolle feels better.

just strum
May 20th, 2009, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the wishes for my daughter.

Pie, I've had them three times and the first two I was hospitalized. The second time I was being released and they brought a guy in the room that severely broke his leg in three places. He asked me why I was there and when I told him he replied "My leg is broken in three places and it may hurt almost as much as the kidney stone I had a couple of months ago"

At least I knew then I wasn't overreacting to the pain.