PDA

View Full Version : Fender 2006 FSRs

tremoloman
August 5th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Would Fender please stop making FSR models!

This black one has me drooling something fierce! The matching headstock, two Tex-Mex coils, a humbucker for my 80s tunes, the funky pickguard, and black on maple - talk about great for a Hendrix/SRV/Mustaine man like me. I need another guitar like a hole in the head but it's hard not to stop looking at it.

Fender® FSR Standard Strat HSS

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/6/1/9/415619.jpg

Or how about this one?
$399 including a Fender molded hard shell case!

Fender® FSR Tex-Mex Standard Stratocaster Electric Guitar

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/7/6/8/409768.jpg

I really got to stop looking at guitars on the web. Mixing ADD with GAS spells TROUBLE!

I thought I'd post these in case some of you are looking for something different.

Robert
August 5th, 2006, 07:35 PM
What does FSR stand for?

tremoloman
August 5th, 2006, 08:00 PM
What does FSR stand for?FSR = Factory Special Run -*or*- Fender Special Run, depending on who you ask.

These special limited edition models are made to order specifically for a distributor to offer They regularly offer colors, features, and combinations of hardware not found on any current production models at the time of their offering. FSRs sell out quickly as was the case in my FSR Flip-Flop Strat I got a couple years ago. All 250 were sold in about 2 weeks.

Robert
August 5th, 2006, 10:59 PM
Would an FSR be any better than a "common one"?

SuperSwede
August 6th, 2006, 01:40 AM
That black & chrome sure looks fantastic with the maple neck.

tremoloman
August 7th, 2006, 02:21 PM
Would an FSR be any better than a "common one"?That depends... if you like Tex-Mex pickups and a free hard shell case, I'd say yes. :)

Tone2TheBone
August 7th, 2006, 02:25 PM
I agree with SS I think the maple necked humbucker one looks really cool.

ibanez_freak36
August 7th, 2006, 02:48 PM
WOW the look of that black one with Maple and colored headstock could turn a few heads including mine. I love Ibanez but that one would not hurt my feelings to much to play. If any other interesting ones come up please post them......the freak